The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Aug.29 ASD2/Personna(6) ............. Chubby-2 synth ..... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Even though I was using the Cella balm throughout our >2 week road trip, my wife commented that she was not fussy about my post-shave scent yesterday. Switched over to my CH-2 synthetic this morning and *voila* no observations this morning. LOL

Truth be told, I simply think it was a time-based proximity thing. Normally I am up well before her and any scents dissipate fairly rapidly, but yesterday, she was up earlier than normal.

Aug.30 ASD2/Personna(1) ............. Chubby-2 synth ..... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

On to a fresh blade this morning. While the shave was easier in the goatee area, the result was my typical wonderful "meh." It's not like I am in a beauty contest or anything even remotely in the same alphabet. I did buzz my head down with a no-guard setting this morning. Should be nice and cool, but it's still going to be in the mid-30Cs/90Fs, so once again ....meh.

Other than that, life is good! (As @MilkCrate says!)

Aug.31 ASD2/Personna(2) ............. Chubby-2 synth ..... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Hard to believe that tomorrow is September already! Time sure is flying by at a very rapid pace. Of course, since our tomatoes and bitter melon (carilie) are not yet producing enough to eat, it's easy for me to forget that summer is almost over. Garden-wise, there has been little to rejoice about so far. Hopefully we will get a good crop of carrots and beets, but I have already noticed squirrels comping away at both of these. *sigh*

Shavewise, it was as meh as shave as one can hope for.

Last edited:
No worries! Once those tomato vines start producing, you’ll be soon swimming in them! When we had them, the acted more like a weed than a regular plant…we’d find them popping up all over 😂

Sep.01 ASD2/Personna(3) ............. Chubby-2 synth ..... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

I tried bowl lathering with my CH-2 synth and it did indeed produce a wonderfully creamy lather with very little work. It didn't really change anything else about the shave, as my morning shower takes care of the majority of the whisker-prop work, but I might have to do this more often. It might even help with expediting some product kills!

Sep.02 ASD2/Personna(4) ............. Chubby-2 synth ..... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

After all my harassment yesterday about bowl lathering 😜, I reverted to my normal face lathering routine and ..... hey, this works too! 🤪 Beyond that, it was a very nice meh-shave to kick off our 5 day weekend as, in addition to Labour Day, my wife also took today and Tuesday as vacation days.

Back