The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

"Meh Boy" approves..

giphy.gif

Swapped over to my CH-2 synthetic this morning and my first impression was that this is a LOT denser than my other synthetics. See, me be goodly big smart!
Ah-ha! Chubbies do come in synthetic!
Narrator: “Unlike a certain other member of the forums, Sam was quite sure in his assessment that this brush was synthetic.”
Oh, I was certain. Wrong, but certain. 😵‍💫

Aug.26 ASD2/Personna(3) ............. EJ STF synth .......... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Back to the EJ STF synthetic this morning and, yup, a nice a simple and job with loading and face lathering. Back in the drawer goes my beloved CH-2 synth for the time being. Since I am doing comparisons, I have to say that the Captain's Choice Venture Balm is MUCH nicer than the Cella balm.

My 15 minutes of fame.....

The newspaper did a thorough job of chopping down about an hour interview into a few paragraphs.
Very nice. I enjoyed the Tarrasch diagram along with it. It seems like I played through that game many years ago. I'm 1758 uscf otb and about 15 to 20 points above that for postal though I quit postal in the 90's due to computer use before it was legal. Back then some computer moves stuck out like sore thumbs because "people don't think like that " [emoji1] Of course things have come a long way now and for the better imo.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Aug.27 ASD2/Personna(4) ............. Sagrada synth ........ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Back to the Yaqi Sagrada synthetic this morning and, strangely enough, it performed just as well at home this morning as it did during the two week road trip. Funny how that works, isn't it?

My mom moved into a retirement home while I was away (other brother was here to get things in order), so today, my wife and I are heading over to visit her new place for the first time and have lunch with her.

Aug.27 ASD2/Personna(4) ............. Sagrada synth ........ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Back to the Yaqi Sagrada synthetic this morning and, strangely enough, it performed just as well at home this morning as it did during the two week road trip. Funny how that works, isn't it?

My mom moved into a retirement home while I was away (other brother was here to get things in order), so today, my wife and I are heading over to visit her new place for the first time and have lunch with her.
Best wishes for your mom in her new place.

Aug.28 ASD2/Personna(5) ............. EJ STF synth .......... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Yesterday's visit with mom lasted around 8 hours and she is in a pretty good place. More than enough room for a single person and even a couple could live in her suite without being cramped. Of course, if someone has bad gas, then they get to live on the balcony for a day or so. LOL

Dining for guests is a la carte and pricing is not provided (boo! hiss!), so we ended up dishing out just over $50 for my wife and I to have lunch (double boo! double hiss!). We have all agreed that next time, we will either go out for dinner and get much more for the same $$ OR order a pizza for much less and dine in her suite.

This morning's shave was pretty good and definitely meh-worthy!

Yeah, it's near the top end of her budget range and she is still fixated/concerned/worried about running out of money, so most likely, I will start exploring alternatives a little further out to provide her with options to lessen her costs. My brother and his wife signed her up for this place without even mentioning it to me (other than "here's a place we looked at") and I only found out by talking to mom after the fact.

I believe “meh” now is interchangeable with “consistently saving money on shaves so I can go eat at mom’s, and still get a great shave”.
I used to dine a little at my parents assisted living dining room about 20 years ago in Kansas City and it was around $7 or maybe $8 for a guest meal to the best of my memory.

Back