The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

MASSIVE!!!!! 🤪

So here's my shave log from the trip:
Aug.07 Injector I2/Personna(1) ..... Sagrada synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm
Aug.08 Injector I2/Personna(2) ..... Sagrada synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm
Aug.09 Injector I2/Personna(3) ..... Sagrada synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm
Aug.10 Injector I2/Personna(4) ..... Sagrada synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm
Aug.11 Injector I2/Personna(5) ..... Sagrada synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm
Aug.12 Injector I2/Personna(6) ..... Sagrada synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm
Aug.13 Injector I2/Personna(7) ..... Sagrada synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm
Aug.14 Injector I2/Personna(8) ..... Sagrada synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm
Aug.15 Injector I2/Personna(9) ..... Sagrada synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm
Aug.16 Injector I2/Personna(10) ... Sagrada synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm
Aug.17 Injector I2/Personna(11) ... Sagrada synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm
Aug.18 Injector I2/Personna(12) ... Sagrada synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm
Aug.19 Injector I2/Personna(13) ... Sagrada synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm
Aug.20 Injector I2/Personna(14) ... Sagrada synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm
Aug.21 Injector I2/Personna(15) ... Sagrada synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm
Aug.22 Injector I2/Personna(16) ... EJ STF synth .......... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm
Aug.23 Injector I2/Personna(17) ... EJ STF synth .......... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Yesterday's shave was about 37 hours of scruff, so not quite as hobo looking as the pic I posted earlier, but still quite rough looking. They Injector mowed it down last night and it was a tired, but welcome shower and shave. This morning's shave was a quick 2-passer (my normal NS-SN routine) and I'm ready for coffee #3.

As nice as the trip was, it's good to be back home.

Aug.24 ASD2/Personna(1) ............. EJ STF synth .......... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

After 2 1/2 weeks (17 shaves) with my Injector, I switched back to the ASD2 this morning with a fresh Personna. Yup, this razor is simply awesome. That doesn't mean that my Injector is bad, simply that the ASD2 is that good. I don't look any prettier, so the result is still a "meh" shave. 👹

Aug.25 ASD2/Personna(2) ............. Chubby-2 synth ..... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Swapped over to my CH-2 synthetic this morning and my first impression was that this is a LOT denser than my other synthetics. See, me be goodly big smart! It was indeed quite a change from the Yaqi Sagrada and the EJ synths I have been using. In the end, there wasn't much difference in the shave, so the verdict on today's whisker chopping: ..... Meh, it is!

Back