The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

I’m thinking that for the Britons and Picts drunk on mead way back when, it meant something different than what the medical books and scrolls said.😏

Jul.24 ASD2/Personna(3) ............... Paragon synth ...... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

The Chubby-2 synth has done such a fine job of decimating the Venture soap that I feel totally comfortable switching to a much less dense synth, knowing that the soap will be done before my road trip starts.

Weather-wise, we are supposed to have rain throughout most of the day, but so far it is just some disappointing light not-quite-showers. The gardens and yard need more than this, so I am still hoping for slow'n'steady.

Well, funny how fast things can change. Just got word that my niece and her boyfriend have tested positive for Covid while attending a wedding in NY. Assuming my wife can get her time rescheduled (my vacation adjustment has already been approved ;) ), we will look to push back our vacation by a week or so. Wheee! *sigh*:cautious:

Jul.25 ASD2/Personna(4) ............... Paragon synth ...... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

Busy morning so far. In addition to getting a nice meh-worthy shave, I replaced the broken yard gate latch (it's an outswing gate, so hardware isn't that common around here), get my wife a new yard hose nozzle, get my wife a new grass trimmer bump spool (she loves using that thing), and getting ready for AC unit replacement this afternoon.

At least it is MUCH cooler than yesterday thanks to the storm last night.

My wife also got approval to bump her vacation out by a week, so all is good on that front as well.

I replaced the broken yard gate latch (it's an outswing gate, so hardware isn't that common around here), get my wife a new yard hose nozzle, get my wife a new grass trimmer bump spool (she loves using that thing), and getting ready for AC unit replacement this afternoon.
Sounds as though your lucky bride does the yardwork. Has it been her that plucks the dandelions? :unsure:

She likes to water the flowers and use the weed whacker, helping weed/hoe the veggie patches when she is bursting with energy. Alas, dandelions and whatnot are all mine.

Jul.26 ASD2/Personna(5) ............... EJ synth ............... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

Full head buzz this morning with my BabbaDabbid clippers set as low as possible. I probably should have done this a few weeks ago with the heat we have had. Switched up to my EJ synthetic as well for another very meh-ishly nice shave as well. The soap is on its last legs but there is no degradation in performance at all.

Jul.27 ASD2/Personna(6) ............... EJ synth ............... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

A little bit of running around this morning, so my super busy daily schedule saw my shave pushed off until noon. Nothing out of the ordinary shave-wise, but it was still enjoyable even with my normal results.

Back