The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Jul.17 ASD2/Personna(2) ............... Chubby-2 synth .... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

A morning shave today because, well, because any shave before noon, even just minutes before, is still a morning have, right?

We will be heading out on a 2 week road trip to visit my niece in Nova Scotia in just under two weeks, so I went back to my Oppenheimer "The Destroyer of Soaps" brush, the CH-2 synth, to see if I can finish off my CC Venture before then and not have to carry a second soap with me on the road. THAT would gets eyes from my wife and her two sisters, y'know. ;)

Jul.18 ASD2/Personna(3) ............... Chubby-2 synth .... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

A nice double-meh-worthy shave this morning with the CH2 synthetic. But even better than that is RAIN!! It's been raining since about 3am and we need it! We're over halfway through the month and have gotten about 10% of the average July rainfall so far. *Ugh* No wonder my garden isn't faring so well.

Stovetop espresso in the moka pot is almost ready, so see.... it's a GREAT Monday morning!

It's all about where your baseline is. ;)

Example:
Baseline is GlenMorangie...............Crown Royal Peach whiskey evaluation is "God-awful naseau-inducing"
Baseline is Bourbon..........................Crown Royal Peach whiskey evaluation is "Greatest thing since sliced bread"

Last edited:
Back