The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Jul.19 ASD2/Personna(4) ............... Chubby-2 synth .... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

A nice evening shave today as I was out and about all morning and then picked up two chicken and chips snack packs and headed over to my walking buddies to chat in his back yard's shade. I also brought some books for him to read and so brought food for his belly and food for his brain. Before we knew it, 6 hours had passed! That's the mark of of a day well spent.

Jul.22 ASD2/Personna(1) ............... Chubby-2 synth .... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

New Personna blade popped into the ASD2 this morning. This one should do me until we hit the road next Friday, when I will be carrying my injector for just over a fortnight. My CC Venture soap is looking to be done by then as well, but one never knows how long the final bits of soap will last. We shall see.

Jul.23 ASD2/Personna(2) ............... Chubby-2 synth .... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

The Captains Choice Venture soap is indeed looking to be on its last legs and should finish up early next week, a few days in advance of our road trip. The matching balm will still be around but will come with me on the road trip to serve out the end of its days.

This morning's shave was a "better than meh" shave .... but .... it's still just a shave.

Still going backing and forth between Cella(red) and continuing my Captain's Choice run with Scott's 45th Parallel. I'm leaning towards the CC, as that would be 3 in a row for the brand. Either way, the Cella (red) balm seems to be an excellent match for both.
IMO, Cella is putrid. I'd go with Captain's Choice.

It warms my cockles seeing someone who loves his hobbies as much as Sam.
OMGoodness, Dave. TMI! 😲

Back