The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Jul.15 ASD2/Personna(7) ............... RazoRock Bruce .... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

Just a slight twinge in my shoulder from my booster shot yesterday and I still think my head is a little wonky from the cigar (see the smoking thread), but other than that, all is good.

The Personna blade was dragging more than a little in the mustache area, so I will swap out a new one for tomorrow. Seven shaves is pretty gosh darn good.

Yes, 4th shot; 2 normal (Pfizer) and then 2 boosters (Moderna). Rather than wait until the fall when they "might" have a BA.5 shot, why not get boosted now and increase my chances of it being a mild case if I ever contract Covid, than take my chances on being one of the few that it hits hard. Plus, I will take the new and improved shot when it is available for me.

Yes, 4th shot; 2 normal (Pfizer) and then 2 boosters (Moderna). Rather than wait until the fall when they "might" have a BA.5 shot, why not get boosted now and increase my chances of it being a mild case if I ever contract Covid, than take my chances on being one of the few that it hits hard. Plus, I will take the new and improved shot when it is available for me.
Well Monkey Pox is going to sneak up anyway and smash you like….well banana tainted dung thrown by a monkey.

HRH is in the same boat as you and has some co-morbidities that make her chances worse. FWIW, she asked her doc this week about getting a fourth shot as we both have 3 already and they reckoned to wait until October and a better booster is out. Both our third shots were administered at the start of the year, and immunity wanes over time.
But we live in Texas where it's screaming hot now and lipid covered viruses don't necessarily do too well in those conditions.
I'd not criticize anyone for playing it safe as you're considering and my parents abroad will do just that.

T

HRH is in the same boat as you and has some co-morbidities that make her chances worse. FWIW, she asked her doc this week about getting a fourth shot as we both have 3 already and they reckoned to wait until October and a better booster is out. Both our third shots were administered at the start of the year, and immunity wanes over time.
But we live in Texas where it's screaming hot now and lipid covered viruses don't necessarily do too well in those conditions.
I'd not criticize anyone for playing it safe as you're considering and my parents abroad will do just that.

T
My Doc has also hinted at a flu/COVID shot during that October time frame. Although, I could get the fourth now if I wish.

Jul.16 ASD2/Personna(1) ............... RazoRock Bruce .... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

Saturday morning and a late morning shave after perusing the interwebz and relaxing with a breakfast of coffee and cold pizza leftovers from the fridge. It's a good start to the day! The shave was pretty much spot-on meh, which is more than good enough to meet my exceedingly high standards.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Back