The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Jul.12 Red Tip/Personna(4) ............. RazoRock Bruce .... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

Switched over the the RazoRock Bruce (regular, not the Big Bruce) this morning and it lathered up fine, but the wet knot looks very clumpy compared to my other synths. Still, when fully lathered, there is nothing wrong with it at all. I once again ended up with some irritation on the swirly bits at the base of my neck and am pondering switching back to the ASD2 with this blade.

Or a dainty version of one of these...

5OJj.gif

Jul.13 ASD2/Personna(5) ............... RazoRock Bruce .... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

Switching back to the ASD2 feels much better on my neck, even with this being the blade's 5th shave. For me, this truly is a great razor and if something ever broke on it, it would be an immediate repurchase. Given that it is a stainless steel razor, something really horrible would have to happen to damage it.

Jul.13 ASD2/Personna(5) ............... RazoRock Bruce .... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

Switching back to the ASD2 feels much better on my neck, even with this being the blade's 5th shave. For me, this truly is a great razor and if something ever broke on it, it would be an immediate repurchase. Given that it is a stainless steel razor, something really horrible would have to happen to damage it.
Mediocrates approves..

mediocrates-good-enough.jpg

Jul.14 ASD2/Personna(6) ............... RazoRock Bruce .... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

I bowl lathered this morning with the RR Bruce for the first time this morning and quickly ended up with the almost-drippy yogurt consistency that I look for. Most days I end up with slightly thicker lather when I am face lathering and am wary of adding more water to avoid doing the "paint the bathroom walls with lather" thing, but bowl lathering has no such issue.

Great start to the day, even moreso now that I managed to book our 2nd Covid booster (4th shot overall) for my wife and I today, the first day the province expanded eligibility.

So, when my wife and I went on our honeymoon, my parents stayed at our house to watch the kids. When we got home we heard about grandpa accidentally using dish soap in the dishwasher. Apparently the whole kitchen needed up covered in suds.

Back