The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Jun.29 ASD2/Personna(4) ............... Sagrada synth ...... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

After a few enjoyable days with my CH-2 synthetic, I decided to take one of my favorite brushes (not just synths!) out for a twirl. The Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic is just such a joy to use; great knot in an ergonomic handle. As expected, a luxurious lather was the order of the day.

Jun.30 ASD2/Personna(5) ............... Sagrada synth ...... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

Another wonderfully "meh" shave this morning, and that's a good thing. As this month comes to a close, June saw me balanced evenly with 15 DE and 15 SE shaves. I would be hard pressed if I had to chooses between my I2 injector and the ASD2. It's a good thing that I don't have to.

Jul.01 ASD2/Personna(1) ................ Sagrada synth ...... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

Happy Canada Day! To celebrate, I went with an all Canadian shave today. That is, I shaved me! I'm all Canadian!

Dropping off my two sister-in-laws downtown for the early afternoon Blue Jays game and then I'm not sure what happens the rest of the day. We might be out to a friend's place for a BBQ but we're supposed to have some thunderstorms, so the num-nums might be put off until tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back