The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Jun.22 ASD2/Crystal(2) .................. Paladin Sumo ........ Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

Buzzed down about six month's worth of (sparse) hair growth today from my head today, which should make me feel a good bit cooler now that summer is here. I also switched back to my Paladin Sumo as well. The lather was thin compared to what I am used to and that simply means to "use more product," as the old saying goes.

Have a great day, all'y'all!

Jun.23 ASD2/Crystal(3) .................. Paladin Sumo ........ Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

My sciatica is doing a LOT better, with me at about 95%. There's still a little "oh my" moment when I sneeze, but nothing sharp like it used to be. Sleeping much more comfortably as well.

Loaded more with my brush this morning and it was much improved, but still more room to go! I forgot how hungry this luxurious knot is.

I was weeding in the garden yesterday evening. Still more to go as my back started to stiffen up. That's the after effects of 3-4 weeks of walking hunched over. :cautious:
My old mother, so say someone in their early 50's (!!} reckons all that weeding like that is a waste of time and she just uses a hoe* and attacks them with that. It's a war of attrition with them, sure, but the alternative is a blast of chemicals that i'm not sure i'm pleased with other than on the driveway. Besides, using a hoe only takes 10 minutes a week!

T

*if you spell this differently from me, you may end up poorer, with the same bad back, but a grin on your face - i'm just trying to keep my garden alive!

Jun.24 ASD2/Crystal(4) .................. Paladin Sumo ........ Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

Another easy-peasy shave, which is EXACTLY what I look for. Still not quite there is the brush loading though.

As for weeding, @supertrunker , the only problem is that I do not have nice and neat rows of vegetables. I tried but things tend to move around and I get some very independently minded carrots, beets, lettuce, tomatoes and spinach growing where THEY want to grow. 🤪

Back