The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Jun.25 ASD2/Crystal(5) .................. Paladin Sumo ........ Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

A slight less-wet version of the Marco method this morning saw a great deal of proto-lather generated, which then settled down nicely to large gobs of creamy goodness when face lathered. As @MilkCrate says..... Life is good!

Jun.26 ASD2/Personna(1) ............... Chubby-2 synth .... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

After a good long run with a pack of Crystal blades, it was time to switch it up with a Personna. I also swapped out the Paladin for my CH2-synth and was instantly rewarded with an excellent lather. I haven't used this brush in a while and it needs to become a regular staple in my shaving diet once again.

In other news, it's Sunday and that means it's laundry day! Woohoo!

A few short showers passed though this afternoon, giving us a slight break in the temperature. We took advantage and went for a neighbourhood walk, but only managed 30 mins as it is still a quite sticky 30C/86F . AC rocks!

Jun.27 ASD2/Personna(2) ............... Chubby-2 synth .... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

Another simple and easy-peasy shave, helped out by a blob of Proraso Green pre/post-shave cream. I use it when I'm shaving more than an hour or so removed from showering. Whether it actually helps or not, meh, but since I have it, I use it.

The CH2-synth continues to shine, easily generated gobs of goodness.

Jun.28 ASD2/Personna(3) ............... Chubby-2 synth .... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

The CH-2 synthetic delivers the goods once again. The shave was simple and enjoyable, which is about as good as a non-descript shave can be. But if it's really non-descript, can I still call it "simple and enjoyable?" :unsure:

But if it's really non-descript, can I still call it "simple and enjoyable?" :unsure:
giphy.gif

Back