The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

May.28 Injector I2/Personna(3) ...... RV Shavemac ........ Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

A mid-morning shave (~9:30am) but didn't get a chance to post until now as we had to head out quicker than expected to see our niece off. We thought her flight out was tomorrow, but had never confirmed with her until this morning. Ooops!

In the garden, the beans we planted a few days ago all wilted, so we bought a pack of bush bean seeds and I put down all 4-5 dozen or so along the chain link fence. Good thing we like green num-nums!

May.29 Injector I2/Personna(4) ...... RV Shavemac ........ Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

A MUCH later than expected shave for me today, occurring at ~9:40pm! It was a LONG LONG day mowing the lawn, with a 1 hr 15 min walk by the lake adding in at 12:30pm.

My rechargeable mower kept losing its charge every 50 feet or so, resulting in me trying to do the yard with my older push-reel mower. Let's just say that this was NOT good exercise for the shoulder that I bummed out last year. BTW it's still not recovered, nor do I think it will ever be back to normal. The doc said "bursitis" but the physiotherapist I worked with for around 8 weeks heard and felt the "crunching" and thinks it is most likely arthritis, which I am more inclined to agree with.

All is not horrible though, as my walking buddy gave me his "taking up space in the garage" corded mower which he hasn't used for 5+ years after getting a gas one. Woohoo! This thing has much more power than my old battery one and took care of business without issue.

Finished most of the yard work around 6:30, had supper, than set to work sweeping the stonework clean of grass clippings and helped my wife pull grass from the flowerbeds under the trees. I have a nice neckline tan now. Blah.

May.30 Injector I2/Personna(5) ...... RV Shavemac ........ Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

Given my late-evening shave yesterday, I consciously went for a mid-afternoon shave today and was rewarded with a most excellent lather and a wonderful shave. Today and tomorrow will be be indoors read-a-book days as the temps will be in the 35-39C/95-102F with the humidex.

May.31 Injector I2/Personna(6) ...... RV Shavemac ........ Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

May closes out with a MORNING shave! OMG!!!! I know, right!! ... and it was very nice. Shaves for the month were 25 DE and 6 SE.
Temps are still pretty uncomfortable outside in the mid-30Cs (mid-90s) with the humidex, so , yes, I will continue this as another reading day.

Last edited:
Back