The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

May.24 ASD2/Crystal(4) ................. Graydog horse ....... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

Okay, I *THOUGHT* I was done with the yard work for the year, but I had forgotten about the remaining 4 8x8s which needed to continue the run by the chain link fence. Especially, since the next yard (we have 5 houses backing onto our side) has about a 18" swale which has been constantly resulting in erosion from under our stonework. At least now there is a nice long slab of wood to hold things together... I hope.

All done? Ummm, not yet, as I had forgotten about the patio slabs by the gate on the other side of the house, which need to go in. They've been sitting there for about 6-7 years and I guess I should get to it .... but not today.

As for the shave, it was a late afternoon one and once again I was rewarded with a strawberry. I'm using an ASD2, so whazzupwitdat?

May.25 ASD2/Crystal(5) ................. Graydog horse ....... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

No yard work today, and I spent much of the morning and afternoon reading Orwell's 1984. 'Twas a VERY late shave at 9:30pm, but it beats not shaving at all. I guess tomorrow's shave will be easy-peasy with only about 12-14 hour's growth to mow down.

May.26 Injector I2/Personna(1) ...... Graydog horse ....... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

An 11:30am shave still counts as a morning shave, right?

Back to my injector for the first time in over a month. The shave was super easy and intuitive, which is pretty much par for the course with injectors, but I get some some feedback from the alum.

I decided not to reread any of my Orwell. Keeping up with the news has now made his work redundant.
giphy.gif

May.27 Injector I2/Personna(2) ...... RV Shavemac ........ Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

I was planning on using my @Graydog horsie, but it was shedding a little more than normal the past few shaves, so I gave it a light comb-through. I'm thinking that it might be time to retire this knot.
0.jpg

Back