The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Thanks gents. Garden fared better than I hoped. Morning inspection showed no damage other than a thinner-than-a-pencil shoot/branch of the plum tree dangling. Even the freshly moved snowball tree came through with flying colours. The leaves, branches and other stuff in our yard were all the results of things from a few yards down. One 10 foot long branch behind the shed in our backyard was from 3 houses down.

Last edited:
One side-yard garden is now complete; one more to go. Hopefully, I am stupid silly persistent dedicated enough to work through the muscle (yes, I have those) aches and finish it tomorrow. Sleeping last night, even the balls of my feet hurt; not just the heels but the toes.

May.23 ASD2/Crystal(3) ................. Graydog horse ....... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

Out in the garden just before 10am this morning and finished up about an hour ago, so that's only about 4 hours and a bit by my reckoning. In any event, side yard garden #2 is now complete and it looks much better than before. It better, with all the sweat and effort I put into it. Although that being said, I don't think the veggies will notice any difference.

A well deserved shower and shave, and now I am ready for a nap.

May.23 ASD2/Crystal(3) ................. Graydog horse ....... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

Out in the garden just before 10am this morning and finished up about an hour ago, so that's only about 4 hours and a bit by my reckoning. In any event, side yard garden #2 is now complete and it looks much better than before. It better, with all the sweat and effort I put into it. Although that being said, I don't think the veggies will notice any difference.

A well deserved shower and shave, and now I am ready for a nap.
Pics!!!

Back