The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

May.11 ASD2/Crystal(1) ................. Sagrada synth ........ Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

Back to my beloved ASD2 this morning and, as should be expected, and easy-peasy shave resulted. Since most of the dandelions are now gone from the backyard, I'll see about mowing it today.

May.12 ASD2/Crystal(2) ................. Sagrada synth ........ Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

Another great ASD2 shave this morning. It is a very quiet razor compared to the R41 and especially the Progress; it must be the stainless steel saying "Yeah, I don't do noise."

Looking to be another great day with temps heading up to 25C/77F, so I will be sure to work on my tan while pulling the newly popped up little yellow minions on evil in the yard.

May.13 ASD2/Crystal(3) ................. Sagrada synth ........ Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

It's Friday, the 13th!!!! So you know what that means?

Exactly!! Another great shaves from the ASD2 razor!

Temps will be close to 30C/86F here today with the humidex. Lucky for me that my dandelion pulling is now into maintenance mode and is basically just one bucket per day.

It is 5pm and I have yet to shave today. Up early 6:20am with my wife to start cooking for a mini clan gathering (9x 2-legs and 2x 4-legs) with our niece in from Nova Scotia. Everyone arrived around 10:30 and then we feasted until full, then we all sat in the sun and watched our bloated bellies distend. Folks left around 4:30 and dishes are just finished.

I am pooped bushed and no weeding was done today.

May.15 ASD2/Crystal(5) ................. Sagrada synth ........ Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

A very late shave today, but better late than never! 'Twas a busy day and my face has more than a little sunburn after ~5 hours outside. I'll probably be tender for a few days and look REAL PURDY when it starts to peel.

May.16 Progress@2/Crystal(1) ....... Graydog horse ....... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

Mid-month means a change in brush. Up next in the rotation is my wonderful horsie from @Graydog. The knot lost 2-3 hairs as per normal, but this is still a great brush even after all these years. Thanks, Steve!

Inspired by my inspiration of @NurseDave , I had a coffee this morning, puttered around a bit before my wife got up (she's back to WFH for 4 weeks), made coffee for both of us when she got up, puttered around some more, made oatmeal for breakfast, went out and picked a bucket of dandelions, came in for a late morning shower and shave. Not sure what @NurseDave was complaining about :unsure: ; Life is Good!

Last edited:
May.17 Progress@2/Crystal(2) ....... Graydog horse ....... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

While the weather has been cooler today and yesterday than over the past week, it did not appear to affect my shave quality. ;)

I must be making good progress pulling dandelions, as I actually had to search for ones to pull rather than being assailed by a barrage of "Pick me! Pick me!" volunteers.

May.18 Progress@2/Crystal(3) ....... Graydog horse ....... Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

Except for it being garbage day, which means my 4 leaf bags of dandelions FINALLY get to move out of the garage, everything this morning was pretty much same-old, same-old. BTW in case you were wondering ..... that's a good thing.

Back