The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Apr.29: ASD2/Crystal(5) ................. Graydog silvertip .... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

We will go one more day with the Crystal blade to close out the month, which should also see the last shave with CC's Bay Rum soap.

A good shave today, but it's hard to not be happy when the New York Football Giants actually had a VERY good draft.

At least you never got any R1 picks wrong. ;)
One of the local sports radios was going through all the blown picks (R1 and otherwise) by the Bears a couple of days ago and it was a depressing list. Some day, we'll have a competent front office but until the McCaskey's sell, I'm worried it'll never happen...

Apr.30: ASD2/Crystal(6) ................. Graydog silvertip .... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

As anticipated, last shave this morning with my Captain's Choice Bay Rum, giving me around 2 month's of great shaves! Since I will be starting his Venture soap tomorrow, I guess I can expect another 2+ months of bliss.

0.jpg

Apr.30: ASD2/Crystal(6) ................. Graydog silvertip .... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

As anticipated, last shave this morning with my Captain's Choice Bay Rum, giving me around 2 month's of great shaves! Since I will be starting his Venture soap tomorrow, I guess I can expect another 2+ months of bliss.

View attachment 81687
I really liked the scent of Venture. Just wish it had more longevity to it.

May.01 Merkur 37C/Crystal(1) ........ Sagrada synth ........ Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

April saw 13 Injector shaves and 17 DE ones. Swapped out a good bit of kit this morning, going with a slant for the first time in many years. No catastrophe at all and no harshness except for a bit on the lower part of my neck where the growth goes all kinds of ways to forever.

Brush change as well and, as noted yesterday, a fresh soap in rotation. Well, okay, it's a partial puck that started off about 3/4 full. I've transplanted most of it into a Tabac stick container and lathering was a breeze this morning. The soap has a good bit more scent than the balm and that's most excellent, as I was a little concerned that it would have been like shaving with a near-non-scented soap.

May.02 Merkur 37C/Crystal(2) ........ Sagrada synth ........ Captains Choice Venture ...... Captains Choice Venture balm

An early afternoon shave today, as I was out this morning running some errands, waiting in line to gas up the Rav, and then transplanting a few more bushes in the garden. Shave was nice and I am not finding he slant to be any more aggressive than a normal razor. I had a few over the years and somehow remember more blade feel. Maybe I'll have to stick a Feather in it to find out.

Shave was nice and I am not finding he slant to be any more aggressive than a normal razor. I had a few over the years and somehow remember more blade feel. Maybe I'll have to stick a Feather in it to find out.
Interesting. I found them to be more aggressive as well. Been a loooong time since I've used a slant and forgotten about them. Maybe time for another go.

Back