The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Apr.18: ASD2/Crystal(4) ................. Graydog silvertip .... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

A nice and brisk Monday morning at -2C/28F with the wind chill. Sunny out but the chill comes fast when you step outside in a t-shirt to toss the coffee grounds on the lawn. Shave#4 with the Crystal blade was very easy-peasy as well.

Last edited:
Apr.18: ASD2/Crystal(4) ................. Graydog silvertip .... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

A nice and brisk Monday morning at -2C/28F with the wind chill. Sunny out but the chill comes fast when you step outside in a t-shirt to toss the coffee grounds on the lawn. Shave$3 with the Crystal blade was very easy-peasy as well.
One man’s brisk is another man’s freaking cold. Just sayin’. Have a great day!

B231BA60-A49F-4A08-93DE-370F96EC962C.png

A nice and brisk Monday morning at -2C/28F with the wind chill. Sunny out but the chill comes fast when you step outside in a t-shirt to toss the coffee grounds on the lawn. Shave#4 with the Crystal blade was very easy-peasy as well.
Your lawn has a caffeine fix?

Apr.19: ASD2/Crystal(5) ................. Graydog silvertip .... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

Snow yesterday, blanketing the ground but all melted by 7am this morning. Even with a nice shave, I turfed the blade after five shaves because .... well, I can.

Apr.20: ASD2/Crystal(1) ................. Graydog silvertip .... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

A new blade in this morning and this one looks to be promising as well. I have to say that the ASD2 is becoming even more favoured by me than my Injector... and that's saying something!

Apr.21: ASD2/Crystal(2) ................. Graydog silvertip .... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

Other than spring rains and a very nice shave again this morning, there's not a heck of a lot to report on. Which is not a bad thing at all IMO.

Apr.22: ASD2/Crystal(3) ................. Graydog silvertip .... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

An early shave for me this morning as we have to go some running around two towns over for a little bit. Weather looks nice and sunny out but the 2C/36F with a wind chill just below freezing puts the lie to that. Still, given that winter is over (knock on wood), all is well.

Yesterday was a pretty adventuresome day, over and above the super pics posted of everyone's Vegas fun!

A few things happened:
- My mom signed the final papers on her house sale, closing mid-May. WOOHOO!!!
- I received my first pension cheque (whee! Coming from a company I worked at less than 2 years, it's not much but it basically equals free phone and internet!)
- My wife has her return-to-office schedule: 2 weeks office + 4 weeks home rotation (Better than we hoped for). It's a new office with currently only capacity for 1/3 of staff.

All in all, yesterday = a bag full of WIN!💰💰💰

Apr.23: ASD2/Crystal(4) ................. Graydog silvertip .... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

Great shave this morning, but I was a little scruffier than normal to start, which is kind of strange. Perhaps I need to swap out the blade, but hey, it's still nice and smooth post-shave.

Back