The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Apr.24: ASD2/Crystal(5) ................. Graydog silvertip .... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

The end of the week brings the end of the blade. Five(5) great shaves on the Crystal and that's pretty good. I will soon need to turn some serious thought as to what will be the next soap that I will 3017. Top contenders right now are:
a) Captain's Choice Venture soap
b) A sandalwood soap or cream
I'm leaning towards the Venture, as I have been using the balm for almost a month and very much enjoying CC's Bay Rum soap.

Apr.25: ASD2/Crystal(1) ................. Graydog silvertip .... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

An earlier morning than what has been normal for most of the past two(2) years, as my wife got called back into the office ahead of her scheduled rotation in order to cover off a co-worker being sick *cough cough* on THEIR first day of scheduled work back in the office. Yeah, right. Funny how that works, isn't it?

We had a great 1 hr 15 min trail walk yesterday afternoon, but showers are forecast for most of the day here.

Apr.26: ASD2/Crystal(2) ................. Graydog silvertip .... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

My wife was informed yesterday that she will be in the office today as well, so it's another (relatively) early morning shave as we well soon head out for me to drop her off.

Good thing I did not plant anything over the past week. We are slated to head back down the temperature scale to almost freezing for a few days starting tomorrow.

Maybe you should switch to growing….iceberg lettuce 🥸
giphy.gif

Apr.27: ASD2/Crystal(3) ................. Graydog silvertip .... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

Even though my wife is back to WFH, we both got up early again this morning, which means a pre-8am shave for me once again. I figure there may be two or three shaves left in my CC Bay Rum and then, yes, I will start in on my partial tub of Scott's Venture soap. This should see me though to somewhere around the end of June.

Apr.28: ASD2/Crystal(4) ................. Graydog silvertip .... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

A beautiful , albeit a little chilly, morning outside today and I'm all purdy and everything and ready for the NFL draft. In fact, I think I might be the best looking, cleanest shaven, and best smelling male in the house tonight!

Apr.28: ASD2/Crystal(4) ................. Graydog silvertip .... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

A beautiful , albeit a little chilly, morning outside today and I'm all purdy and everything and ready for the NFL draft. In fact, I think I might be the best looking, cleanest shaven, and best smelling male in the house tonight!
Who’s on the Argonauts’ radar?

1651152294264.jpeg

Back