The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Apr.11: Injector I2/Personna(10) .... Omega boar, Sue ... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

A quick pre-7am jaunt out to Costco for gas this morning. Always best to go well before the actual store opens as that's when the lineups hit. Back well before it was time to wake up my wife and prepare coffee and breakfast.

Shave was, as expected, pretty gosh-darn golly-gee good.

Apr.12: Injector I2/Personna(11) .... Omega boar, Sue ... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

A wonderful morning here today in the low double-digits (C, not F), so today's walk should be super enjoyable. Not that it is ever not enjoyable.

Another very nice late-morning shave after spending most of the morning on expanded research into annuities and narrowing the the next stock to add to my retirement portfolio. Won't make any decisions on the former for a few more years, but maybe the latter comes into play in the next month or so.

Apr.13: Injector I2/Personna(12) .... Omega boar, Sue ... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

An earlier shave today than normal. By early, I mean pre-10am. As @MilkCrate says: "Life is good!" ..... and so was the shave.

My mom should get a nice 1-day early 85th birthday present today, as she should get the paperwork for the lawyer to review for the sale of her house. Then it becomes a 3-week rush to gut everything out after 55 years of accumulation. She's been decluttering/selling stuff for a few months, but nothing is as motivational as an impending deadline.

Yea…we lived in our house a good 4 years or so and it took us a month to get ready for the move! I can’t imagine 55 years worth! 😵

Is she a sentimental person where it’s going to be hard to let some stuff go?

Apr.14: Injector I2/Personna(13) .... Omega boar, Sue ... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

A mid-morning (her time) phone call to wish my mom a happy birthday and it sounds like she's got a full day ahead of her. Some birthday meals coming in, intermixed with continuing to gut out some more rooms.

My shave was more than a little tuggy, which is a noticeable difference from yesterdays, so I decided to turf the blade post shave. I can normally go close to three weeks on a Personna, but generally cut it short at 2. Did not even make it that far this time.

Apr.14: Injector I2/Personna(13) .... Omega boar, Sue ... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

A mid-morning (her time) phone call to wish my mom a happy birthday and it sounds like she's got a full day ahead of her. Some birthday meals coming in, intermixed with continuing to gut out some more rooms.

My shave was more than a little tuggy, which is a noticeable difference from yesterdays, so I decided to turf the blade post shave. I can normally go close to three weeks on a Personna, but generally cut it short at 2. Did not even make it that far this time.
Happy Birthday To Mother Woodpusher!

Apr.15: ASD2/Crystal(1) ................. Omega boar, Sue ... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

Swapped back over to the ASD2 this morning and yes, it's true, a fresh DE blade is sharper than a 2-week old Personna SE one.

Mom had a pretty good day yesterday with visitors and well-wishers, but still managed to get some additional clean-up done in various rooms of the house.

Apr.16: ASD2/Crystal(2) ................. Graydog silvertip .... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

Heading into the back-half of the month, I switched up my brush to my Graydog silvertip. The knot is from the Omega Mighty Midget silvertip (599) an IMO is on par with the Kent BK4. Needless to say, today's shave was pretty good and I have no complaints at all.

Apr.17: ASD2/Crystal(3) ................. Graydog silvertip .... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

A 9am shave this morning! OMG, what's the world coming to? :eek:

Oh, right. We have to head out in a few minutes to visit my nephew's about 1.5 hrs away for Easter. Haven't seen them (in person) for a few months.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Back