The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Apr.02: Injector I2/Personna(1) ...... Omega boar, Sue ... Captains Choice Bay rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

Nice and easy shave with the Injector this morning. I would be hard pressed to choose between my Hydro-Magic and the ASD2. Lucky for me that I don't have to.
I tried to luv CC products. Not in the cards.

Apr.03: Injector I2/Personna(2) ...... Omega boar, Sue ... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

For whatever reason, it was a mid-afternoon shave today ... and it was a good one.

400 lbs (10 x 18kg bags) of cow manure now acquired and ready to be spread on the lawns tomorrow. By special request, the side garden with all the boxes will be redone for planting as well this year. Basically, I get to dig everything up (including the buried/stacked/nailed 6x6s) to make two much prettier garden areas with a grass walkway in the middle. That should be good for a sore back once I am done.

Apr.04: Injector I2/Personna(3) ...... Omega boar, Sue ... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

Nice and simple morning shave today. Just what I was looking for as the prequel to spreading the poop all over the yard. Ya know, I probably should have waited until AFTER the yard work to shower and shave. :unsure:

Apr.05: Injector I2/Personna(4) ...... Omega boar, Sue ... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

The poop is spread
Who spread the poop
Whoever spread the poop
Is a good poop spreader

Hmmm, isn't quite as catchy as the original "sheet slitter" version.

Oh.... had a great shave this morning as well.

It’s been a while since I’ve checked in and holy smokes we have a whole new razor in rotation!

Apr.05: Injector I2/Personna(4) ...... Omega boar, Sue ... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

The poop is spread
Who spread the poop
Whoever spread the poop
Is a good poop spreader

Hmmm, isn't quite as catchy as the original "sheet slitter" version.

Oh.... had a great shave this morning as well.
Aren’t you glad you didn’t dream of being a jingle maker as a kid?

Apr.06: Injector I2/Personna(5) ...... Omega boar, Sue ... Captains Choice Bay Rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

The ease of lather and face feel with this wonderful brush has convinced me that it is just as good, if not better, than some of the more pricey ones in my den. I was actually quite content with my brushes and only ended up adding to them when some super deals came along.

Shave-wise, today was another great shave all around. Simple and boring is good in my book.

One of our national newspapers (Yes, we still have those) contacted the president of the Canadian Correspondence Chess Association to ask about interviewing a strong player about .... drum roll.... correspondence chess for their weekly chess column. Being someone that has played for a while (I started in the mid-80s and am a 2-time Canadian Champion, currently #4 in the country), the pres asked if I would be a willing participant. Interview is scheduled via ZOOM for 11:30 tomorrow morning.

I expect a great deal of information culling to occur as the column doesn't get a great deal of space. But hey, I'll take my 2 mins 37 secs of fame. 😜

Last edited:
Back