The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Mar.28: ASD2/KAI(2) ...................... Paladin Sumo ....... Captain's Choice Bay rum .......... Nivea Protect & Care balm

Last day of use for the Nivea balm after a pretty gosh-darn golly-gee good shave. Not sure what AS or balm I will start in on next.

'Tis Monday and a nice an chilly -18C/-1F this morning. Later in the week, we are supposed to hit 15C/59F. Go figure.

Mar.29: ASD2/KAI(3) ...................... Chubby-2 synth ... Captains Choice Bay rum ....... Captains Choice Venture balm

Another great shave from the ASD2 ... well.... DUH! My aftershave/balm is going to be Captain's Choice Venture balm for the foreseeable future. Feels great and absorbs fast. I don't get much scent from it but when I walked by my wife she said "Smelling sweet!" (in a good way, not a honey truck way).

Mar.31: ASD2/KAI(5) ...................... Omega boar, Sue ... Captains Choice Bay rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

Another very nice shave all the way around, razor, blade, brush, soaps, balm. It ticked all of the boxes and was a great way to close out the month. My #s were 17 DE shaves and 14 SE ones.

Apr.01: ASD2/KAI(6) ...................... Omega boar, Sue ... Captains Choice Bay rum ..... Captains Choice Venture balm

It's April Fool's Day but my shave this morning was no joke; it was great! Still, after 6 shaves, I turfed the blade. Not sure whether I will continue with the ASD2 or switch over to the Injector for tomorrow. Luckily, this decision will be very good either way.

It IS a great Friday! Just got off the phone with my mom and she has accepted an offer on her hours; financing is the only condition (no inspection, which is excellent for a ~55 year old structure). We'll know is a week or so whether it comes through. It should as the buyers are contractors rather than a family.

It IS a great Friday! Just got off the phone with my mom and she has accepted an offer on her hours; financing is the only condition (no inspection, which is excellent for a ~55 year old structure). We'll know is a week or so whether it comes through. It should as the buyers are contractors rather than a family.
Nice! Where’s mom off to next?

Back