The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Mar.11: Injector I2 w/Personna(8) ... Omega boar, Sue ..... Captain's Choice Bay rum ....... Nivea Protect & Care balm

Two minor strawberries from today's shave in my typical problem areas: chin and corner of mouth. I used the Marco method and the lather was mounds of excellence.

Mar.12: Injector I2 w/Personna(9) ... Omega boar, Sue ..... Captain's Choice Bay rum ....... Nivea Protect & Care balm

Marco method again this morning for some lather luxury!

Given that we are -16C (~3F) with the slight wind chill, I slapped on some Proraso Green Pre/Post before the Nivea balm so I could feel as chilly as a few hours ago when I was shoveling the snow . Only about an inch here, so it was more "pushing" than shoveling.

Mar.13: Injector I2 w/Personna(10) ... Omega boar, Sue .... Captain's Choice Bay rum ...... Nivea Protect & Care balm

Only -13C/9F with the breeze this morning, so we will wait for summertime at 2pm for our walk when it will be a wonderful -11C/12F. All this means another smear of Proraso Pre/Post applied before the almost empty Nivea balm. Gotta get prepped for the chill, ya know.

Mar.14: Injector I2 w/Personna(11) ... Paladin Sumo ......... Captain's Choice Bay rum ....... Nivea Protect & Care balm

A wonderful shave once again this morning. As we will be above freezing today (forecast is 6C/43F), I understand that I will miss the brisk breeze and applied some Proraso Pre/Post once again.

Given that the today is 3.14, for lunch, we shall have pie ....... not! ;)

Mar.15: Injector I2 w/Personna(12) ... Chubby-2 synth ..... Captain's Choice Bay rum ....... Nivea Protect & Care balm

The CH2-synthetic never fails to deliver and today was no exception.

Weather will be well above freezing all this week, so maybe, just maybe, the ground will thaw out enough for me to put down about 10-20 bags of manure on it. If the ground is still frozen, than all those goodies in the cow and sheep poop will just run off rather than be absorbed.

Back