The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Mar.08: Injector I2 w/Personna(5) ... Paladin Sumo .......... Captain's Choice Bay rum ....... Nivea Protect & Care balm

Since I (un)shoveled over the weekend, of course it snows yesterday afternoon and evening. Gadzooks. But it is just a skim on the ground, so I will let Mr. Sun take care of it today.

I'll switch over to my Yaqi Sagrada synth tomorrow as this wonderful brush has not been getting used. In fact, I only used it once in 2021 and that was on Dec.23.

Mar.09: Injector I2 w/Personna(6) ... Sagrada synth ......... Captain's Choice Bay rum ....... Nivea Protect & Care balm

The Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth, a tuxedo knot, was simply wonderful this morning. Loading was super easy and the lather was nice and creamy.

By popular demand, I had an adventuresome morning and early afternoon

6:45am Put out the compost bin (I did the evaluations last night as to whether the bins for cardboard/paper and plastics/glass needed to go out. *whew*)
8:05am Wife got up early on her own ... made coffee 17 minutes ahead of schedule, throwing off my whole routine
8:35am Return emptied compost bin to the garage
12:05pm Drive my wife to the mall so she can pick up some make-up for the first time in over 2 years in prep for Return-to-Office
12:40pm Receive instructions to drive to the grocery store instead of going straight home
1:05pm Arrive at grocery store
1:20pm Arrive home
1:25pm Receive instructions to make chicken sandwiches with piri-piri sauce to have with samosas for lunch
1:35pm Lunch ready (and eaten)
1:45pm Document adventures

Gosh Sam…we only wanted to help encourage you to mix things up a bit…not descend into chaos! That was a little too much spice.

Mar.10: Injector I2 w/Personna(7) ... Omega boar, Sue ..... Captain's Choice Bay rum ....... Nivea Protect & Care balm

Inspired by yesterday's switch-up of brush, I went to another one that I have not used for a long time: the Omega boar, Sue edition. Great lather once again. This raises the question to this frugal cheapskate: why do I have brushes that are more expensive? Things to ponder.

Back