The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Feb.25: ASD2 w/Feather(5) ............. Chubby-2 synth ...... Williams .................................. Nivea Protect & Care balm

The Proraso Pre/Post-shave has really done an excellent job in converting my modern Williams into something usable. The lather is now very dense and yogurty, which is not something I normally go for, but works very well here. A few more days left in February and my Williams is looking to extend into March.

Taxes all done for me and my wife. Actually, they were done about 2 weeks ago, but I couldn't save a PDF via TurboTax (1st time not paper filing) for review until this morning as the had the forms still flagged as *unfinalized* until an update today. That meant I could not simply review on-screen and file either.

In some ways, it was easier, but in others, many more hoops/forms to jump through to input a value that I would normally just write in. Alas, overrides are not acceptable for NETfile.:cautious:

When one son was a toddler, my wife wanted to wash and repair his teddy bear. She bought an identical one, labelled a cardboard box "Transmogrifier", and put the old bear in the box while Sam observed. Telling him it would take "about an hour", they left the room. While he was otherwise occupied, Sheri swapped out bears. When the transmogrification was complete, they opened the box. When I got home from work, Sam proudly showed me his bear and told me how they'd done it.

Feb.27: ASD2 w/Feather(7) ............. Chubby-2 synth ...... Williams .................................. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Big break-through to the bottom of my Williams this morning! Woohoo!!! Hopefully, it will be done on Wednesday ... but as Tevya was wont to say "on the other hand..." , I have been getting some excellent lathers since blending it with the Proraso Pre/Post shave ... but you're sick of hearing that by now LOL.

Feb.28: ASD2 w/Feather(8) ............. Graydog silvertip ..... Williams .................................. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Closed off the month of February with shave-8 on the 2nd Feather blade for the month; it's not as smooth as before. Switched up my brush to an old favorite of mine, my @Graydog silvertip, which is a 1305-style handle with an Omega Might Midget silvertip knot. Still more shaves to go with the Williams.

Mar.01: ASD2 w/Feather(9) ............. Graydog silvertip ..... Williams .................................. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Another nice shave this morning. We will have to see if both (or either) of the Williams and/or feather blade last the week. The Graydog silvertip is a much lighter brush with a luxurious knot that cannot be considered dense by any stretch of the imagination (think Kent BK4-ish). I paid a good bit more attention to loading and lathering this morning and it took in a lot more water than I had expected to arrive at the shiny yogurty goop that my CH2 synthetic was delivering, which is not an issue at all.

Back