The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Brush Alert .... Brush Alert ... Brush Alert
giphy.gif

Making its way up from the basement and the SOMNOS-2 sale is Ed's RazoRock Chubby Extra, Silvertip 506-handle, 27.5mm for tomorrow morning. I just gave it a quick rinse and wash with some liquid hand soap and holy smokes, what a bloom of the knot!!
F6D1B7D4-0E74-4573-B730-CC43FFA230E2.jpeg

Last edited:
When bloomed, the knot is actually a little too large to fit between the hot water handle and sink faucet (which is the normal "home" for my brush). :eek:
That's actually why the knot doesn't look 100% symmetrical ... it was sitting there for 5 mins before I took the pic.

Feb.21: ASD2 w/Feather(1) ............. RazoRock Chubby ... Williams .................................. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Used a RazoRock Chubby silvertip (506 handle) this morning. My oh my, what a huge pillow of softness .... but .... my oh my, what a HUGE pillow of softness. LOL Too much brush for me to handle. :eek:

A new Feather blade is so much better than one with 20 shaves on it. ;)

Feb.22: ASD2 w/Feather(2) ............. Chubby-2 synth ...... Williams .................................. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Back to the Chubby-2 synthetic for another much-improved pseudo-Williams lather. This is a GREAT brush BTW. A pretty gosh-darn good way to kick off the week. Monday was a holiday here, so it didn't count.

Feb.23: ASD2 w/Feather(3) ............. Chubby-2 synth ...... Williams .................................. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Bowl lathered this morning for a change. Well, more like "built lather on the puck" as my concoction is in a Fine Lather Bowl. Ended up very nice and perhaps once of my most non-dissipating Williams lathers ever. Still, it's not the same as face lathering.

Back