The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Excitement raises heart rate and blood pressure. Don't want to have an exciting life cut short by a heart attack or stroke.:cautious:
"Predictable satisfaction" is what I am going for ..... and longevity. ;)
More lives under the belt = more time to complain about it being too hot and then being too cold. And there lays your life's ambition. :)

Feb.10: ASD2 w/Feather(10) ........... Paladin Sumo .......... Williams .................................. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Ten(10) shaves in on both the soap and the blade. The blade is starting to tug somewhat but not to the point of any irritation, so it will live on to fight another day. The (sub)standard Williams lather was as expected, so I will switch up tomorrow to my Chubby-2 synth to see if that will make a difference.

Feb.11: ASD2 w/Feather(11) ........... Chubb-2 synth ........ Williams .................................. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Switched over to Oppenheimer, The Destroyer of Soaps (aka the CH-2 synth) and was rewarded with a much improved lather fir pass-1. Alas, pass-2's lather still performed the vanishing act. More work to be done, but this brush loads very quickly and can hold a lot of product.

Feb.10: ASD2 w/Feather(10) ........... Paladin Sumo .......... Williams .................................. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Ten(10) shaves in on both the soap and the blade. The blade is starting to tug somewhat but not to the point of any irritation, so it will live on to fight another day. The (sub)standard Williams lather was as expected, so I will switch up tomorrow to my Chubby-2 synth to see if that will make a difference.
1.jpg

Feb.11: ASD2 w/Feather(11) ........... Chubb-2 synth ........ Williams .................................. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Switched over to Oppenheimer, The Destroyer of Soaps (aka the CH-2 synth) and was rewarded with a much improved lather fir pass-1. Alas, pass-2's lather still performed the vanishing act. More work to be done, but this brush loads very quickly and can hold a lot of product.
Good work today, Sam!

1.jpg

Feb.12: ASD2 w/Feather(12) ........... Chubby-2 synth ...... Williams .................................. Nivea Protect & Care balm

I've been loading on the (grated) puck and mixing bowl lathering with face lathering during each shave, figuring that this way I am continuing to pick up more soap to produce a better lather. Alas, while it visually looks good during application, it still somehow manage to go *poof*. Oh well, only another <insert horrible guess> days left.

Everything is relative; it was a balmy -11C / 12F without the wind chill ... but I'm thinking that wouldn't make it more agreeable for you. 😜

Back