The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

As @August West would say ..... HA!

The kids are all busy with the online social media stuff. Even my neighbour (with the snow blower) has to shovel even though his two boys are in the 10-14 year old range. The most work they would do is to search the App Store for a snow shovel game. In the summer, I offered to pay them to help with my weeding, but they wanted $20 for a half hour.

Feb.02: ASD2 w/Feather(2) ............. Paladin Sumo .......... Williams .................................. Nivea Protect & Care balm

A better lather today than yesterday, but still nowhere near what I shoot for, even though I loaded a LOT longer and had copious amounts of "fling fodder." Still, it's hard to complain when it is so slick.

Storm system coming in later today and I am already anticipating the back pain. :cautious:
Fling Fodder for the win!

Feb.03: ASD2 w/Feather(3) ............. Paladin Sumo .......... Williams .................................. Nivea Protect & Care balm

It's gonna be a looooong month with Williams. Not having a lot of success lathering it, but that is pretty much par for the course with the modern puck (vintage rocks!). Looking back at my 3017 log, it seems a puck lasts me around 2 months, whether grated or ungrated. So maybe I am looking at this through March as well. *ugh*

Feb.01: ASD2 w/Feather(1) ............. Paladin Sumo .......... Williams .................................. Nivea Protect & Care balm

1st day with the Blue Willy (Williams+Aqua Velva) and, as expected, a super weak lather but with lots of slickness. It will take a few days to get this dialed in, but I have to tell you that modern Williams has always been a challenge for me to get the kind of lather that I am accustomed to.

I also started in on a month with a Feather blade. We'll see how this goes; I've never tried to do this with a Feather before.
It will be fun to follow your month-long Feather challenge. I used them exclusively for my first few years of DE shaving. I fell for the celebrity endorsements.

1.png

Feb.01: ASD2 w/Feather(1) ............. Paladin Sumo .......... Williams .................................. Nivea Protect & Care balm

1st day with the Blue Willy (Williams+Aqua Velva) and, as expected, a super weak lather but with lots of slickness. It will take a few days to get this dialed in, but I have to tell you that modern Williams has always been a challenge for me to get the kind of lather that I am accustomed to.

I also started in on a month with a Feather blade. We'll see how this goes; I've never tried to do this with a Feather before.
1.jpg

Feb.05: ASD2 w/Feather(5) ............. Paladin Sumo .......... Williams .................................. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Dribbled some distilled water on the soap this morning and loaded with a damp brush (i.e. a SOLID squeeze of the knot) and was rewarded right away with a much better lather. It even stayed on my face longer before dissipating! Will I do this every day? Probably not, but you never know.

Serious question (and I know this is frowned upon here o_O)

How about using the Williams puck as a shave stick (rub the puck on your face) to get a better lather? It would load quite a lot of soap, and it may help. If nothing else, it would get rid of it faster. :p I grated an MWF puck, pressed it into a shave stick, and it worked much better for me that way.

Serious question (and I know this is frowned upon here o_O)

How about using the Williams puck as a shave stick (rub the puck on your face) to get a better lather? It would load quite a lot of soap, and it may help. If nothing else, it would get rid of it faster. :p I grated an MWF puck, pressed it into a shave stick, and it worked much better for me that way.
Now there you go again, dropping all resemblance of a highly decorated and respected Shenanigator and grabbing your engineering cap to ask some stoopidly useful question.

I demand that you cease and desist with this obnoxious behavior else it will be required that you spend the night in the box.

Sheest, kids these days!
😎

Now there you go again, dropping all resemblance of a highly decorated and respected Shenanigator and grabbing your engineering cap to ask some stoopidly useful question.

I demand that you cease and desist with this obnoxious behavior else it will be required that you spend the night in the box.

Sheest, kids these days!
😎

Back