The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

I hope you are too bad for wear my friend!

On a positive note - you are getting your money’s worth from your snow blower!

I have a "snow mover" (i.e. shovel) not a snow blower. But I am getting my money's worth from my neighbour's one! 😜
Suppose Sam is out there with his shovel thinking if he had worked just one more month we would have one of those powered blower contraptions too?

Feb.01: ASD2 w/Feather(1) ............. Paladin Sumo .......... Williams .................................. Nivea Protect & Care balm

1st day with the Blue Willy (Williams+Aqua Velva) and, as expected, a super weak lather but with lots of slickness. It will take a few days to get this dialed in, but I have to tell you that modern Williams has always been a challenge for me to get the kind of lather that I am accustomed to.

I also started in on a month with a Feather blade. We'll see how this goes; I've never tried to do this with a Feather before.

It's just above freezing (just below with the slight wind chill), so my wife wanted to go or a walk before the storm hits tomorrow. Due to my hip still being out of whack, we agreed to walk the neighbourhood rather than a trail walk. When we were almost done our 50 mins, she commented that I was walking with a limp and next time, rather than have me help her get up, she will roll over in the snow and get up on her hands and knees. 💪

Oh, I forgot to include a (rare) pic for all'y'all, but if you are in some other threads, you will have already seen my setup for February.
0.jpg

Feb.02: ASD2 w/Feather(2) ............. Paladin Sumo .......... Williams .................................. Nivea Protect & Care balm

A better lather today than yesterday, but still nowhere near what I shoot for, even though I loaded a LOT longer and had copious amounts of "fling fodder." Still, it's hard to complain when it is so slick.

Storm system coming in later today and I am already anticipating the back pain. :cautious:

Back