The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Jan.28: ASD2 w/KAI(3) .................... APShave synbad ..... Captain's Choice Bay Rum ....... Nivea Protect & Care balm

The Deet-less one (@MilkCrate) is once again responsible for a broken slumber. One day, he will truly understand the impact he has on those in his circle of influence. Until then, I'll have to catnap on the couch. At least my shaves are not suffering.

Jan.29: ASD2 w/KAI(4) .................... APShave synbad ..... Captain's Choice Bay Rum ....... Nivea Protect & Care balm

My 2.5 week old van dyke went *poof* today. I'm surprised my wife went that long before telling me to get rid of it. LOL It's a cold day out, which means it's a nice day for coffee and reading.

I did get a very good night's sleep, so THANK YOU @MilkCrate :ROFLMAO:

Jan.30: ASD2 w/KAI(5) .................... APShave synbad ..... Captain's Choice Bay Rum ....... Nivea Protect & Care balm

A nice and slick shave this morning soapwise. Bladewise, a little rough in the goatee area, but that could be due me to shaving it off yesterday and the skin being a little sensitive. I will still use the blade tomorrow and then shift into the 1-blade-February "thing."

Bladewise, a little rough in the goatee area, but that could be due me to shaving it off yesterday and the skin being a little sensitive.
Can I just say any extended beard growths that are shaved off should be shared via video out of just common courtesy.

Just back from another 1 1/2 hr trail walk. Hadn't been to this place before, so we wandered off the main trail (followed bike path by accident) and slogged about 100' through 1.5 feet of snow to get back on course.

Jan.31: ASD2 w/KAI(6) .................... APShave synbad ..... Captain's Choice Bay Rum ....... Nivea Protect & Care balm

Yeah, the blade was a little rough around the mouth and the alum confirmed it was so. Tomorrow I start a few things different for the month of February:
- "3017 Williams" month. Mine will be a Blue Willy
- "One-Blade" month. I will be trying to use the same Feather blade through Feb in my ASD2

As a follow-up from yesterday's walk, I think I strained something on my left side, either a glute or my lower back. My wife "sat down" on the trail when he feet started to slide out from under her when going downhill. I pulled her back up but my left foot slipped and my adjustment is what I think did the tweak. Hopefully that is all it is, as we have another 6+ inches of snow slated for mid-week.

I hope you are too bad for wear my friend!

On a positive note - you are getting your money’s worth from your snow blower!

Back