The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

My wife joined me outside to shovel after supper. It was very light and fluffy but about 4" deep, so I was more than happy for the assist, as I knew she wouldn't strain anything. After all, that's MY thing! ;) As we shoveled, I thought "Wow, a skunk's out in this weather?" and a few minutes later "Someone's got their woodstove going!" A few minutes later, I realized that it's probably not the best idea to be breaking wind when your knee-long winter coat is zipped up and only has a little gap open at the neck. :cautious:

Once we finished the driveway and sidewalk, we shoveled again as about another inch had fallen. After that, my wife said she was going inside as it wasn't stopping.
:ROFLMAO: I will go out again later to clean up once more.

Whew, snow clearing duty #3 done for the day. Strangely enough, my wife said she wasn't coming out to help this time. I'll get out at it again come morning.

Happy I/we did so much snow clearing yesterday. Only about 4" on the ground this morning, not counting the 4 foot wide x 1.5 foot deep of solid and heavy road gunk the plow left across the front of the driveway. In any event, all done now. Time for a coffee, shower and shave and then trying to tolerate the back and shoulder aches that will come along soon enough.

Jan.25: ASD2 w/KAI(5) .................... APShave synbad ..... Captain's Choice Bay Rum ....... Nivea Protect & Care balm

A nice cup of coffee after shoveling, followed by a shower and shave. Another very nice shave with the bay rum soap, although I get get a strawberry right on the edge of my adam's apple. Looking forward to relaxing and doing some reading today.

A nice cup of coffee after shoveling
We have a whole thread where we will evaluate and let you know if it was "nice" "lovely" "bitchin" or "needs improvement". Please head over there and let us know bean was used, roast level, grind size, type of brewing method, and water to coffee ratio. Just to save us time, if it ended up in a Hello Kitty mug it's an automatic fail.

My coffees are not adventuresome. For the most part, they are either:
a) French press, 3 level scoops of Lavazza Creme e Aroma (Costco), medium grind, 2 cups water, swish after 1 min, server after 3 more
-OR-
b) 1 rounded teaspoon of Nescafe Gold Espresso instant

Yeah, you guys don't want me ruining your thread. ;)

My coffees are not adventuresome. For the most part, they are either:
a) French press, 3 level scoops of Lavazza Creme e Aroma (Costco), medium grind, 2 cups water, swish after 1 min, server after 3 more
-OR-
b) 1 rounded teaspoon of Nescafe Gold Espresso instant

Yeah, you guys don't want me ruining your thread. ;)
What’s this? Sam even has his coffee figured out 3017 style! 😵

Jan.27: ASD2 w/KAI(2) .................... APShave synbad ..... Captain's Choice Bay Rum ....... Nivea Protect & Care balm

A better sleep last night than I have gotten for most of the week. I blame my restless slumbers on the lack of Deets from @MilkCrate , but now that he's providing info once again, things should settle back into the normal groove quickly enough.

Jan.27: ASD2 w/KAI(2) .................... APShave synbad ..... Captain's Choice Bay Rum ....... Nivea Protect & Care balm

A better sleep last night than I have gotten for most of the week. I blame my restless slumbers on the lack of Deets from @MilkCrate , but now that he's providing info once again, things should settle back into the normal groove quickly enough.
Man I slept like a rock and even way overslept today. Luckily I am working from home today and wasn’t late for work.

Back