The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Jan.21: ASD2 w/KAI(1) .................... APShave synbad ..... Captain's Choice Bay Rum ....... Nivea Protect & Care balm

Swapped out the blade this morning, as yesterday's shave was nice but a some pulling was experienced. Another great shave to start the day. Well, okay, my day is already over 3 hours old, but hey, that's close enough. ;)

My back is almost back to normal, it must be the variety of single malt's that @NurseDave had last night working their magic on me. 🥃

Glad you’re feeling better today Sam!

Oh…cool science fact: Did you know each day starts, progresses, and ends whether you’re up and awake for it or not? So when you wake up, your day has actually already been happening without you!
691D940F-74A7-42EE-A6B7-A1E348386B54.gif
😜

...In other news, an unexpected $2,000+ deposit was Interac eTransferred into my bank account from somone I do not know, followed by a few emails from a lady in BC that it was an oopsie and could I send it back. I will talk to my bank and expect them to recommend against me eTransferring it back due to fraud/scam possibilities but I will ask them to try to reverse the transaction, if they can. After all, they have all of the sender's banking information. This helps protect me from a scam and hopefully gets the sender back their money....
This has finally been resolved! Woohoo!! I called the bank's Fraud/Claims department last week and it turns out that nobody had followed up on any investigation since mid-December. *ugh* Yesterday I saw the exact amount had been removed from my account and I called them today to ensure that this was action by them to resolve the case, and BINGO! The sender should received their money back some time in the near future. It looks like everything worked out as it should. Whee! .... and 3xWhee!! from the sender's perspective (kids hockey team).

This has finally been resolved! Woohoo!! I called the bank's Fraud/Claims department last week and it turns out that nobody had followed up on any investigation since mid-December. *ugh* Yesterday I saw the exact amount had been removed from my account and I called them today to ensure that this was action by them to resolve the case, and BINGO! The sender should received their money back some time in the near future. It looks like everything worked out as it should. Whee! .... and 3xWhee!! from the sender's perspective (kids hockey team).
Glad to hear the peewee hockey team got their money back and that it wasn't a scam! Super smart on your part to involve the bank and not immediately do a wire back with all the scams going around though...cannot be too careful these days.

Jan.22: ASD2 w/KAI(2) .................... APShave synbad ..... Captain's Choice Bay Rum ....... Nivea Protect & Care balm

A great shave to start off the day. Well, "start" as in after chess, browsing forums, breakfast, reading the news, and then a shower+shave. The temps look to be not too bad this afternoon (-5C/23F), so we'll be heading out for a nice walk in a few hours.

The hockey team doesn't have their money back yet, but at least the process is now nearing completion. Hopefully this restores a little of their faith in humanity. Legally, I could have kept the funds as an unsolicited Interac eTransfer is the same as sending F&F in Paypal, but I'm not that kind of person. Now, a $473,624.92 eTransfer would have made me think a bit. 😜

Jan.23: ASD2 w/KAI(3) .................... APShave synbad ..... Captain's Choice Bay Rum ....... Nivea Protect & Care balm

A noon-ish shave today as my wife up very late watching OZARK. That also means that laundry starts late today, but I should still be finished in good time. It just won't be before football starts, but should be done before Zoom-a-Zoom time!

Not at all; she and I have some VERY different tastes. I watch the news, some football, and the occasional series (if it catches my eye. a la Wheel of Time).

On yesterday's Zoom-a-Zoom-Zoom call (folks that have not attended really should think about joining in), @NurseDave commented something along the lines that he hadn't seen me with a beard. Well, except for the recent 2020 Old Dutch / Amish / Shenandoah ;)
Beardo3.png

Here's my bald'n'bearded "consultant look" from about 10 years ago for when I need to spend a good bit of time at customers' sites. Don't ask me why some customers feel the need to be impressed visually instead of 100% skills when you are doing IT technical work and in phone meetings most of the day. 🤷‍♂️ But hey, I'll even wear a dress and lipstick if you add another $20 to my hourly rate. 💃
Beardo.jpg

... and my bald'n'bearded full growth from back in 2016.
Beardo2.jpg

Look #1 - Cross the street to avoid as he's likely to steal your hay rake.

Look #2 - Best of the 3, but also likely to wear a sweater over his shoulders even in the summer and drive a Porche while sipping his skinny 4 shot almond soy latte.

Look #3 - Someone's uncle that is likely to give you a hug every time you meet and remember your name.

Jan.24: ASD2 w/KAI(4) .................... APShave synbad ..... Captain's Choice Bay Rum ....... Nivea Protect & Care balm

A solid shave to kick off the week. It was a weekend of some really fun NFL games and, expect for the Bills losing, everything went the way I had planned hoped. Beyond that, there's not much else exciting going on, except for a night dusting of snow that will take me longer to get dressed up to go outside than it will be to shovel it.

expect for the Bills losing
that is so accurate - everyone EXPECTS this to happen to the Bills - I have two buddies (Father and Son) who are die hard Buffalo fans for both football and hockey - I was texting with them - how do you not hold onto a lead with 13 seconds left?

1643045758480.png

Now they can add Stupid Coin Toss!

My sister-in-law is a big Bills fan and would have been on an emotional roller coaster through the whole game.

Back