The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

TWSS!!!!

oh, wait a sec :eek:

Jan.13: ASD2 w/KAI(1) .................... Paragon synth ........ Lisa's Doc Holiday .................... Nivea Protect & Care balm

And there it was, gone!

The Lisa's Doc Holiday is indeed done. A suppose I could have squeezed the leftover lather out of the brush back into the container, and then I might be able to ......... *nah* Ain't happening.

On to the Captain's Choice Bay Rum starting tomorrow!
Lisa.jpg

TWSS!!!!

oh, wait a sec :eek:

Jan.13: ASD2 w/KAI(1) .................... Paragon synth ........ Lisa's Doc Holiday .................... Nivea Protect & Care balm

And there it was, gone!

The Lisa's Doc Holiday is indeed done. A suppose I could have squeezed the leftover lather out of the brush back into the container, and then I might be able to ......... *nah* Ain't happening.

On to the Captain's Choice Bay Rum starting tomorrow!
View attachment 73038

Jan.14: ASD2 w/KAI(2) .................... Paragon synth ........ Captain's Choice Bay Rum ....... Nivea Protect & Care balm

It has been a while since I last used a Captain's Choice soap. The spring of 2015 to be exact ... and it was Bay Rum then as well. My first lather was relatively weak, but that is to be expected when using a "new" soap. I expect to have things fully on track within a few days. After the first shave, my neck and face feel great and I look forward to around 2 months of nice smelling shaves.

The wife commented on my VD this morning and said she could live with it if I cut my hair. I was expecting something earlier from her as it started on Wednesday.

*Van Dyke (a goatee has no mustache)

Jan.14: ASD2 w/KAI(2) .................... Paragon synth ........ Captain's Choice Bay Rum ....... Nivea Protect & Care balm

It has been a while since I last used a Captain's Choice soap. The spring of 2015 to be exact ... and it was Bay Rum then as well. My first lather was relatively weak, but that is to be expected when using a "new" soap. I expect to have things fully on track within a few days. After the first shave, my neck and face feel great and I look forward to around 2 months of nice smelling shaves.

The wife commented on my VD this morning and said she could live with it if I cut my hair. I was expecting something earlier from her as it started on Wednesday.

*Van Dyke (a goatee has no mustache)

Exactly. When was the last time you saw a goat with a moustache?

A balmy 0°C day here. My wife and I walked to together to the vaccination centre, about a mile a way. Well she walked and I wattled, pure ice most of the way, hate that. Yet half the town was out, zipping and zagging past me, making me feel like the outsider Californian I am.

Strangely, both my wife and I were commenting how this time of year, when the light is just right, and you're all bundled up, that it somehow makes you feel like summer. Have you ever gotten that feeling Sam? It's sort of strange, but I've had it many times, and it's always around this time of year.

Yea, Cole. Temperatures at around freezing feel nice these days and, as you mention, when it's sunny and clear skies it's simply wonderful out!

Jan.15: ASD2 w/KAI(3) .................... Paragon synth ........ Captain's Choice Bay Rum ....... Nivea Protect & Care balm

Another wonderful shave with the Captain's Choice soap ... moreso since I loaded properly this morning. After two weeks with the Paragon, I will switch over to the AP Shave Cashmere tomorrow for the rest of January. It's a super soft knot that feels like a cloud on the face.

The finals of the 77th Canadian Correspondence Championship started earlier this week, comprised of the top two finishers in each of the 3 semi-final sections. It's a double round robin and is actually one of the strongest we've had in a few years.
1642275589558.png

The 2022 version of tnmt (KE78) is also looking to begin later this month.

Jan.16: ASD2 w/KAI(4) .................... APShave synbad ..... Captain's Choice Bay Rum ....... Nivea Protect & Care balm

First shave with the AP Shave synbad this morning and the 30mm knot was a little big to get much swirling action in the tub, but in the end, enough was loaded for a great shave. Not sure when I mentioned a cashmere knot yesterday; none of those in the household. :unsure: I might have to transplant the soap to the now-empty Lisa's container as it is a bot wider to make loading easier.

I did end up transplanting to Captain's Choice into the wider and container this morning. After doing laundry, we headed out to meet our regular walking buds, a couple we have known for decades, and enjoyed a 1.5 trail walk. I'm happy we got out for some fresh air today as the nasty storm will shut things down and is making my shoulders aches already, just thinking about the multiple times I will need to shovel tomorrow.

Back