The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

We've (aka Helena) has the same tradition, for me, Christmas can stay around as long as it wants. At least we kept the star in the window, which is very cheery in the darker months here.

This has been a cold winter here, oddly I'm not feeling it as much as in past winters, so I'll take it. Though tbh, in the city, I just don't have a ton of motivation to get out, the spin bike is a great substitute though.

Jan.09: ASD2 w/Rapira Swede(1) ..... Paragon synth ........ Lisa's Doc Holiday .................... Nivea Protect & Care balm

Switched over to a Rapira Swedish SS blade this morning, and..... yuck! It felt like a 3+ week old cart. If it start off this way again tomorrow, it will be turfed, and very rarely do I trash a blade so early.

Christmas tree and decorations were all packed away and the living room furniture restored to normal, so the house looks "right" once again.

We ended up a a "new to us" place yesterday and, even though it was a 30 min drive to get there, we think we will return.

Jan.10: ASD2 w/Rapira Swede(1) ..... Paragon synth ........ Lisa's Doc Holiday .................... Nivea Protect & Care balm

The first two strokes of this morning's shave said it was time to ditch the blade. Popped in another one from the same pack and, yup, 'twas a dud that I used yesterday. A much more enjoyable shave this morning.

I don't even notice the handle of the Paragon any more when using it. It now feels natural, plus it looks great as well.

Jan.11: ASD2 w/Rapira Swede(2) ..... Paragon synth ........ Lisa's Doc Holiday .................... Nivea Protect & Care balm

My Lisa's Doc Holiday is just about done. After shaving today, I added a dribble of water and smooshed it into a rather goopy paste. If it lasts through to Friday's shave, I will be surprised. Thinking about my next soap, I am leaning towards Captain's Choice Bay Rum to help offset some of the outside chill.

There was just a skim of snow on the ground, so cleaning it up only took about 15 mins or so. It did take about half an hour for me to thaw out enough to take a shower without melting.

Jan.12: ASD2 w/Rapira Swede(3) ..... Paragon synth ........ Lisa's Doc Holiday .................... Nivea Protect & Care balm

After yesterday's frigid temperatures, we started this morning off at a wonderful 0C/32F! Absolutely wonderful in comparison!!!

Shavewise, tomorrow will be the end of the Doc Holiday soap from LNHC. In fact, the lather might even be a little skimpy, given how little is left. I ain't complaining; it's always good to kill a soap.

Back