The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Jan.04: ASD2 w/KAI(1) .................... Paragon synth ........ Lisa's Doc Holiday .................... Nivea Protect & Care balm

The first trading day of the year means that our TFSA (Canadian Tax-Free Savings Account ... but really it's an Investing rather than Savings account) annual contribution amount becomes available. This makes it a great time to also perform some rebalancing as well.

This meant that all that morning work resulted in a mid-afternoon shave for me, which went VERY well with the new KAI blade.

Last edited:
Jan.05: ASD2 w/KAI(2) .................... Paragon synth ........ Lisa's Doc Holiday .................... Nivea Protect & Care balm

A normal time morning shave for a change!! Could be due to having to get up at 6:30am to put out the garbage for collection (even with Christmas, only about 1/2 a bag and minimal recyclables) or it could be that my wife is up and about now that she's back to (home-office) work and I don't need to worry about waking her up when I'm in the bathroom. Either way, Life is good!

Jan.06: ASD2 w/KAI(3) .................... Paragon synth ........ Lisa's Doc Holiday .................... Nivea Protect & Care balm

Used the Proraso green pre/post shave again this morning as a pre-shave; after all, it's only -16C (3F) with the wind chill, so why not?

Broke through my puck of Lisa's Doc Holiday this morning for the second time. I had reshaped it once before and there's not that much left now. I figure maybe about a week or so remaining.
1641483808531.png

Never tried the Doc Holiday - never in stock when I was looking.
It's definitely scented, so ...... No soap for you! :p
1641567164832.png

Jan.07: ASD2 w/KAI(4) .................... Paragon synth ........ Lisa's Doc Holiday .................... Nivea Protect & Care balm

Settling back into the pre-Holidays route now with my wife back to work, even if it is WFH. Up at ~7am, coffee, read the news, look at chess, wake wifey up at 8:25 (she has a 15 second commute), make more coffee and stovetop oatmeal, more news, more chess, shower and shave. Has @MilkCrate says, life is good!

Settling back into the pre-Holidays route now with my wife back to work, even if it is WFH. Up at ~7am, coffee, read the news, look at chess, wake wifey up at 8:25 (she has a 15 second commute), make more coffee and stovetop oatmeal, more news, more chess, shower and shave.
Look at this guy! Go go go!

I'm heading to Canuckistan tomorrow, Sam, to take my daughter back to college. Montreal promises high temperatures tomorrow of -14 C. After I drop her off, I'm turning around and driving south another 3 hours to get to the balmy Adirondacks.

Jan.08: ASD2 w/KAI(5) .................... Paragon synth ........ Lisa's Doc Holiday .................... Nivea Protect & Care balm

This being the second weekend of the new year, it was time for the Christmas decorations to come down as per our tradition. About an hour to pack stuff away and then a nice coffee followed by a shower and shave. A small splash of Dr.Jon's Flowers in the Dark followed by the balm has me smelling (and feeling!) nice. Time for another cup o'joe!

If the waether warms up this afternoon (-17C/1F with the wind this morning), I hope we we out for our walk back to the trail where I can hopefully finish hacking off the fallen tree blocking the path if no-one else has done the job already.

Back