The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Dec.30: ASD2 w/KAI(1) .................... APShave Synbad .... Lisa's Doc Holiday .................... Nivea Protect & Care balm

New KAI blade this morning, even though I could have probably gone another few days with the old blade. It's all @Graybeard57 's fault! Shave was good and the Synbad knot is pretty good, but it is oh so different from my CH2 synthetic.

Sore shoulder yesterday after the booster; still there this morning but not as bad. Nice headache now as well, but I'm not sure if that was the shot or the "I'm wide awake and couldn't fall asleep properly until ~5am" effect of it. Didn't get up until around 9am vs my normal 6:30-6:45.

The missus and I had a sore shoulder for a few days. The day after the shot, we were both rough around the edges with flu like symptoms, that faded on day 3.

I'm still out of sorts and my wife is the same. Even our headaches moved from the front of the head to around the ears about the same time. o_O My wisdom teeth have been aching all day and I haven't taken a nap yet. Hopefully, we will both sleep solid tonight. In any event, a few days of discomfort is a small price to pay for the extra protection.

Dec.31: ASD2 w/KAI(2) .................... APShave Synbad .... Lisa's Doc Holiday .................... Nivea Protect & Care balm

A nice shave to end of the yucky year that was 2021. For the year, my shave count was:
- 197 DE
- 150 Injector
- 28 cartridge
For a total of 365 shaves. No missed days; no 2-a-days.

Still a little achy this morning, but not as bad as yesterday. 2022 has got to be a better year than 2021, right?

Jan.01: ASD2 w/KAI(3) .................... Paragon synth ........ Lisa's Doc Holiday .................... Nivea Protect & Care balm

And so begins 2022. I'm not sure what the big fuss is all about. As I gave my wife a midnight kiss and took a double shot of tequila, I looked around, checked under the couch cushions, behind said couch, in the cupboards, and even in the fridge .. nothing seemed to have changed. Oh well.

The shave was very nice and I think I will settle back into my old way of rotating brushes every week or two.

I think you’re looking in the wrong places Sam, but maybe you found some Canadian change at least.

Hope the post vax aches are going, maybe that tequila helped?

I think you’re looking in the wrong places Sam, but maybe you found some Canadian change at least.

Hope the post vax aches are going, maybe that tequila helped?
All aches seem to have cleared up this morning. We even went for a 1 hr trail walk.

Couldn't agree more. Hope you and your wife feel better soon. You missed a fun Zoom call last night. Happy New Year!
I waited too long to sign up as I wasn't sure what we would be doing or how I would be feeling. As such, I can't complain that I didn't manage to get in. Well, I suppose I could complain, but it wouldn't be legitimate. ;)

Jan.02: ASD2 w/KAI(4) .................... Paragon synth ........ Lisa's Doc Holiday .................... Nivea Protect & Care balm

A nice brisk -16C (~7F) this morning for my first snow shoveling of the day. Another one will be required in about 2 hours time when the system has moved on through the area.

The post "workout" shower and shave was nice and I getting used to Doc Holiday scent and now enjoy it rather than a "Hmmm, that's different" thought whenever i would open it up.

First laundry of the year has now begun, so it's an exciting day! :rolleyes:

Back