The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Dec.27: ASD2 w/KAI(4) .................... Paragon synth ........ Lisa's Doc Holiday .................... Nivea Protect & Care balm

Out and about this morning, followed by shoveling our driveway+sidewalk as well as the neighbour's across the street (80 year old widow), lunch and ONLY THEN a shave. Bowl lathered and this worked pretty good; the Paragon handle still felt "different" this morning, but less so than yesterday. The knot continues to shine. I had to smoosh the Lisa's soap into the center of the container as I was almost down to a breakthrough with a deep ring.

Getting ready to go out for a walk with our normal walking buddies, a couple that we have been walking with most of the year. -12C (10F) with the wind, so it should be a nice brisk outing.

Dec.27: ASD2 w/KAI(4) .................... Paragon synth ........ Lisa's Doc Holiday .................... Nivea Protect & Care balm

Out and about this morning, followed by shoveling our driveway+sidewalk as well as the neighbour's across the street (80 year old widow), lunch and ONLY THEN a shave. Bowl lathered and this worked pretty good; the Paragon handle still felt "different" this morning, but less so than yesterday. The knot continues to shine. I had to smoosh the Lisa's soap into the center of the container as I was almost down to a breakthrough with a deep ring.

Getting ready to go out for a walk with our normal walking buddies, a couple that we have been walking with most of the year. -12C (10F) with the wind, so it should be a nice brisk outing.
10F?! Ugh.

C69091CC-5A8B-455C-815B-132A715A5BC5.png

Dec.28: ASD2 w/KAI(5) .................... Paragon synth ........ Lisa's Doc Holiday .................... Nivea Protect & Care balm

The KAI blade is still super smooth after five(5) shaves and doing a good job on my whiskers. Three(3) days in a row with the Paragon synthetic and I think this knot is on par with the Tuxedo in my Yaqi, which is saying A LOT. I was not conscious of the handle during the shave until I was rinsing out the knot post-shave. It seems as if this brush is a keeper.
1640708313465.png

Dec.29: ASD2 w/KAI(6) .................... APShave Synbad .... Lisa's Doc Holiday .................... Nivea Protect & Care balm

Second use of the Synbad and this gigantic 30mm knot is super soft and great for the slappity-slap-slap of paint-brushing strokes. Takes a wee bit longer to load fully, but then again, a solid backboned boar, it is not.

Off to get our booster shot later this morning. Life is good (a la @MilkCrate ).

Dec.29: ASD2 w/KAI(6) .................... APShave Synbad .... Lisa's Doc Holiday .................... Nivea Protect & Care balm

Second use of the Synbad and this gigantic 30mm knot is super soft and great for the slappity-slap-slap of paint-brushing strokes. Takes a wee bit longer to load fully, but then again, a solid backboned boar, it is not.

Off to get our booster shot later this morning. Life is good (a la @MilkCrate ).
We got our booster shots the first week of December.

@NurseDave has it just about right. I'm also Tournament Director for a few more already. The role of a TD is basically to only have to deal with complaints and issues (e.g. someone not replying for 3+ weeks, harassing messages, etc...). Other than that, most of it is automated on the server (e.g If you ran out of time, you ran out of time and it's automatically scored as a loss) .

Back