The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Dec.16: ASD2 w/Personna(4) ............ Semogue 1460 .... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Another lather-on-the-puck with the Semogue boar and another great, creamy lather. A small splash of Aqua Velva again this morning pre-balm and I'm ready to run out and start this morning's adventures.
You live such an exciting life, filled with daily adventures. We should all try to be like you, Sam!

Adventures of the day!

- Research responsibilities of being an ICCF TO (Tournament Organizer), which lead to ...
- Research responsibilities of being an ICCF TD (Tournament Director)
- Apply to my National Federation to begin the TD certification process
- Deal once again with being nagged about the $2,000 mistaken deposit transferred to me that I have requested the Bank to reverse
.... Note: Now that a few people are emailing me on it, i basically told them that I have fulfilled more than my legal responsibility by contacting the bank and asking them to reverse it, and now that my email has been shared to others and multiple people are emailing me about it, letting them know that I will neither reply to any more emails nor will I be contacting the bank any more. I started the reversal process, it is up to them to track it down if they wish. "I hope you get your funds returned, but it will be via the Bank's and Interac's processes, not me performing a transfer to strangers.")
- Take my wife to the hairdressers
- Listen to the news in the car for 2 hours while her hair was getting done (scary Covid #s accelerating)
- pick up roti on the way home for lunch
- go for a walk
- pick up some wine for Christmas gifts
- pick up some cash for Christmas gifts
and.... most importantly....
- post about my adventures on TSC!

Last edited:
- Research responsibilities of being an ICCF TO (Tournament Organizer), which lead to ...
I'd like to welcome everyone to the first annual Sam of Canada Chess Tourney. Hosted by Sam. With all proceeds going to Sam's Can I Get a Good Bottle of Scotch fund. All rulings will be made by Sam, in favor of Sam.

Adventures of the day!

- Apply to my National Federation to begin the TD certification process
- Deal once again with being nagged about the $2,000 mistaken deposit transferred to me that I have requested the Bank to reverse
.... Note: Now that a few people are emailing me on it, i basically told them that I have fulfilled more than my legal responsibility by contacting the bank and asking them to reverse it, and now that my email has been shared to others and multiple people are emailing me about it, letting them know that I will neither reply to any more emails nor will I be contacting the bank any more. I started the reversal process, it is up to them to track it down if they wish. "I hope you get your funds returned, but it will be via the Bank's and Interac's processes, not me performing a transfer to strangers.")
- Take my wife to the hairdressers
- Listen to the news in the car for 2 hours while her hair was getting done (scary Covid #s accelerating)
- pick up roti on the way home for lunch
- go for a walk
- pick up some wine for Christmas gifts
- pick up some cash for Christmas gifts
and.... most importantly....
- post about my adventures on TSC!
Sure, Sam, sure. Then just how do you explain your outing in the red jumpsuit? :unsure:

I'd like to welcome everyone to the first annual Sam of Canada Chess Tourney. Hosted by Sam. With all proceeds going to Sam's Can I Get a Good Bottle of Scotch fund. All rulings will be made by Sam, in favor of Sam.
I feel like if Sam didn’t know those responsibilities until now…how did he even get this far?…is he really just winging it?…lord help the players in this tournament. 🤔😂

Only B1-8 would be called for the whole game. To keep with TSC Bingo levels of frustrations, we better make it a full card game then. ;)

Dec.17: ASD2 w/KAI(1) ..................... Paladin Sumo ....... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Plopped a KAI into the ASD2 this morning and, well, I'm not sure how I feel about it. The razor was louder than normal and the shave went well enough, but my neck feels like more stubble than normal. Yeah, I don't get BBS on my neck and more than happy with a CCS; this is more like a SAS.

Later this morning, I should have a meet-up with another local shaver. Always look forward to getting to know our fellow geeks.

My jumps were all static line, Bruce. After a few of them, I decided to that it was just too expensive to stick with.

Back