The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Sing along .....

Sammy got run over by his neighbour
Walking out with Gracie after work
You might think the neighbour is a good guy
but as for me and Gracie, he's a jerk

Okay, so that didn't happen ... but it was about a foot away from happening.

Two houses down from us, just finishing up a 35 minute walk. The neighbour's daughter ran out of their house and got into the passenger side of their already started car as I was crossing about 2 feet behind the license plate. Daddy smacked it into reverse and VROOM! I had just cleared the car and Gracie was about 3 feet on the other side of it. SMACK SMACK SMACK on the car goes Sammy's hand immediately and it stops and goes ahead four feet while my wife crosses. No rolling down the window or anything to apologize.

Could have been much worse if either I was a little slower or my wife a little faster. The best thing is, I could see he has a large reverse camera screen in the car. GRRRRRR

So now what? Do you pour maple syrup on his car?

First of all...glad everyone is okay. Even if the neighbor was going slow...there could have been some serious injuries. Secondly, he is a jerk...and worse.

Chad has the right idea...just not maple syrup...try brake fluid on the hood. Yeah, guarantee he will need a new paint job. Newer brake fluid won't eat the paint away immediately, but it will damage the paint in a way that he will have to repaint.

Yeah, I can be vindictive. Just going to say this...don't come at my family and friends. And you guys are friends...even you Sam!🤪

I'm not that kind of guy. He was probably late for something (still inexcusable, to use Bruce's apt description), but we will most likely have a discussion when we are both outdoors either this season or in the spring.

Dec.10: Injector I2 w/Personna(12) ... Semogue 1460 .... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Lathered on the puck once again with the Semogue boar and, once again, had a great lather. So much difference when I am able to get enough product into the knot.

Dec.11: Injector I2 w/Personna(13) ... Paladin Sumo ....... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Nivea Protect & Care balm

We were supposed to get hammered with winds and rain last night (the edge of that big US system), but we seem to have avoided most of it. This means we still get to go walking this morning! Yaaayyy!!!

As my Mama Bears Bay Rhum is coming to and end, I started looking around for my next victim , err, I mean, my next few month's worth of enjoyable shaving bliss. I was planning on tacking my old tester puck of Chris's CBL Money Tonsorial, but then I found the 3 1/2-sample slices of his Jeris, Roasted Oatmeal Stout, and SIR Fougere that I had given to Ed when we first met a few years ago. Turns out, he hadn't used them at all, so I gladly reclaimed them. Rather than use a 1/2 sample at a time, I finger squished them (Yes, Chris, they were malleable and not dried out at all!) into bits and then smooshed them into a ball. repeatedly squished them though my fingers until everything was blended and not much lumps. Then I plopped that on top and around my Money puck and, Lo and Behold!, I have a full container. Well, that's not a quick kill anymore ......

So up next will be my approx 1 cm (3/8inch) puck of Lisa's Doc Holiday. A nice dark and rich scent which should be very nice for the cold weather.

Back