The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Dec.12: Injector I2 w/Personna(14) ... Semogue 1460 .... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Lathered on the puck again this morning with the seemingly fickle 1460 and, yup, that's the ticket.

In other news, I got to meet @ROMO10 yesterday for a local pickup/sale from the BST. We didn't get to spend very much time as the winds were whipping around like crazy and lots of localized power outages as we got the fringe of what pushed through the eastern US yesterday. Plus, he had family in his car, so I think he would have gotten in trouble if we spent an hour or two talking shaving. Hopefully when spring rolls around, we'll get to meet again over coffee and natas.

Dec.12: Injector I2 w/Personna(14) ... Semogue 1460 .... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Lathered on the puck again this morning with the seemingly fickle O73 and, yup, that's the ticket.

In other news, I got to meet @ROMO10 yesterday for a local pickup/sale from the BST. We didn't get to spend very much time as the winds were whipping around like crazy and lots of localized power outages as we got the fringe of what pushed through the eastern US yesterday. Plus, he had family in his car, so I think he would have gotten in trouble if we spent an hour or two talking shaving. Hopefully when spring rolls around, we'll get to meet again over coffee and natas.
Impromptu meetup! Love it!

Dec.13: ASD2 w/Personna(1) ............ Semogue 1460 .... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Nivea Protect & Care balm

After four weeks with my Injector, it's back to the ASD2 for a bit. Loaded up a Personna blade and proceeded to get two tiny pinpricks on pass-1. Of course, that is 100% on me (duh!) as my prep was simply washing my face.

Today, our province opened up our age group to getting the booster shot. I spent an hour queued to get into the website and when I got in, I thought "That wasn't so bad" but then when I selected a location to see what time slots were available, BAM! another queue for 53 minutes (estimated). 40 minutes later and I still have an estimated 22 minute wait in the queue.

Today, our province opened up our age group to getting the booster shot. I spent an hour queued to get into the website and when I got in, I thought "That wasn't so bad" but then when I selected a location to see what time slots were available, BAM! another queue for 53 minutes (estimated). 40 minutes later and I still have an estimated 22 minute wait in the queue.
I guess the silver lining is that so many people want the booster.

Dec.13: ASD2 w/Personna(1) ............ Semogue 1460 .... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Nivea Protect & Care balm

After four weeks with my Injector, it's back to the ASD2 for a bit. Loaded up a Personna blade and proceeded to get two tiny pinpricks on pass-1. Of course, that is 100% on me (duh!) as my prep was simply washing my face.

That’s a bummer for the wait! Good thing you’ve got TSC to keep you occupied!

Glad it opened up for you And sorry for the wait... Around here at a lot of places you can just walk in and say I want the booster and as soon as you get the forms filled out they give it to you ..... Alicia and I have been procrastinating but will probably go get ours on Wednesday...

Dec.14: ASD2 w/Personna(2) ............ Paladin Sumo ....... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Did you know that a nice shower before shaving makes for a better shave than simply washing your face? 👨‍🎓The Paladin produced a wonderful lather as per normal and the Personna blade is pretty good. Not Nacet or Feather good for me in the ASD2, but nothing to complain about at all.

Dec.15: ASD2 w/Personna(3) ............ Paladin Sumo ....... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Some running around to do for most of this morning, so I decided an early shower & shave rather than a late one. Wonderful shave once again and this time, I used a small splash of Aqua Velva before applying the balm. My, but this smells nice.

See, @NurseDave , I CAN learn (if I want to 😜)

Dec.16: ASD2 w/Personna(4) ............ Semogue 1460 .... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Another lather-on-the-puck with the Semogue boar and another great, creamy lather. A small splash of Aqua Velva again this morning pre-balm and I'm ready to run out and start this morning's adventures.

Back