The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Dec.08: Injector I2 w/Personna(10) ... Paladin Sumo ....... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Nivea Protect & Care balm

More destruction is being wrought on the puck of Bay Rhum. Loving the lather!

In other news, I am thinking to stop having a "workout" report as it is pretty much same-old same-old.
Hmmmmm..... probably should stop reporting on my shaves then as well .:unsure: (NOT!) .... IN BEFORE @NurseDave ! 😜

Back to the 1460 boar and another lather on the puck shave. What do you know? Another great lather!

Semogue 1460 Natural Boar Bristle Shaving Brush​

Brand: Semogue
3.9 out of 5 stars 30 ratings

Handle height: 48 mm
  • Bristle loft: 50 mm
  • Knot diameter: 22 mm
  • Hand-made in Portugal
  • Incredible Value and Quality at an Affordable price!
And here are the least expensive Paladins:
Brushes here cost $160 - $170.

And yet the $18 brush produces the same lather as a Paladin. I rest my case. 😀

Your case would imply I should have stuck with shaving with bar soap!
Not at all. Appropriate tools and supplies for the task at hand. My $13 synthetic from Maggard whips up great lather, as does an $18 Semogue boar. In my mind, I cannot see paying 10 -20x as much for a brush that isn't 10 - 20x better.

But what if you traded a bunch of stuff you don't use (say.... ummm.... scented soaps in your case 😜) for it? No $$$ outlay.

But what if you traded a bunch of stuff you don't use (say.... ummm.... scented soaps in your case 😜) for it? No $$$ outlay.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them. I have about a dozen or so sitting idly by. I'd prefer to get rid of them in one or two batches, to save on shipping. Maybe one of these days I'll put them on BST.

Dec.09: Injector I2 w/Personna(11) ... Paladin Sumo ....... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Approx 10 secs in the microwave removed the hole in the soap and leveled things out again for super easy loading.... as opposed to simply "easy loading." LOL The colder weather is resulting in drier air in the house, so I've taken to rubbing a little of the balm on my lower legs to help stop me from scratching them to bits.

Sing along .....

Sammy got run over by his neighbour
Walking out with Gracie after work
You might think the neighbour is a good guy
but as for me and Gracie, he's a jerk

Okay, so that didn't happen ... but it was about a foot away from happening.

Two houses down from us, just finishing up a 35 minute walk. The neighbour's daughter ran out of their house and got into the passenger side of their already started car as I was crossing about 2 feet behind the license plate. Daddy smacked it into reverse and VROOM! I had just cleared the car and Gracie was about 3 feet on the other side of it. SMACK SMACK SMACK on the car goes Sammy's hand immediately and it stops and goes ahead four feet while my wife crosses. No rolling down the window or anything to apologize.

Could have been much worse if either I was a little slower or my wife a little faster. The best thing is, I could see he has a large reverse camera screen in the car. GRRRRRR

Back