The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Sorting through the soaps and such in the basement, I came across Stirling's Sharp Dressed Man AS which doesn't have the matching soap (almost everything is in sets) and decided to splash some on. Oh my, but that is nice .... delicate, but nice. Caught gentle whiffs of it while we were out on a lunch time walk for 1 hr at a conservation park.

I am now on the exec of the Canadian Correspondence Chess Association (CCCA) as the "Domestic Tournament Coordinator," which basically means that I have to organize our championship tnmt for a (hopeful) January start.
That is quite the honour, Sam. Congratulations!
I guess I am now getting close to taking some pics of soaps and creams and such for a new listing. It's about a week overdue, but better late than never.
Looking forward to it! Splashes that are listed from Canada...rejoice!

Dec.04: Injector I2 w/Personna(6) ..... Paladin Sumo ....... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Nice shave this morning. I'll given the 1460 boar a bunch more tries before figuring out whether to keep it or dump it. The handle is in rough shape, so it's not really something that I would feel good about even giving away.

Today's workout was:
- heading out for a new-to-us trail walk of unknown duration

We actually had this problem growing up (rotary phones). The middle number of the last four digits of our phone number were transposed from the local pizza place. It got to the point where we would take orders and quote a price because then they wouldn't phone back right away.

Dec.05: Injector I2 w/Personna(7) ..... Semogue 1460 .... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Nivea Protect & Care balm

SUCCESS!!!!!

I used the troublesome 1460 boar this morning and decided to lather on the puck. Soaked and loaded the brush before getting in the shower, lathered on the puck for pass-1. Excellent! How will pass-2 go? A few more swirls and KAPOW! ... lather as rich and creamy as with the Paladin. Woohoo!

Today will be Christmas dinner #1 with 3 three friends coming over. Beets cooked last evening as was the cherry pound cake. Today we will make carrots and potatoes as well as a prime rib roast. Our guests will bring appetizers, asparagus, green salad, and desserts.

Outside of whisky, tequila, sherry, port and wine being available, today's drink will the the uber-potent Black Forest martini:
- 0.5 oz Chambord
- 1.5 oz Creme de Cacao
- 3.0 oz raspberry vodka
with a cherry plopped in.

It tastes like black forest cake. The sugars hide the alcohol but it packs quite the punch.

Today's workout was:
- *cooking*

Dec.06: Injector I2 w/Personna(8) ..... Paladin Sumo ....... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Nivea Protect & Care balm

"Christmas" dinner yesterday went very well. Outside of my sister-in-law coming over (and the occasional repair man), we have basically had 0 people in our house since about March.2020. The 3 people who came over are folks in our very small bubble whom we go walking with and such, so we felt very comfortable with them. The gathering ended up lasting about 5.5 hours and 1 Black Forest martini packed enough kick for everyone.

Today's workout was:
- *rest and recuperation* .... Another @MilkCrate special! 😜

Dec.07: Injector I2 w/Personna(9) ..... Semogue 1460 .... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Back to the 1460 boar and another lather on the puck shave. What do you know? Another great lather! I'll probably try once again with it face lathering but I expect pass-2 then to be yucky as in the past. Even, so, it still means that I have found something that works!

I broke through the Mama Bears soap this morning as well. It was getting thin in the center, but now there is an actual hole. Woohoo!

Today's workout was:
- *nada* ..... What's happening here?

Dec.O71: Injector I2 w/Personna(9) ..... Semogue 1460 .... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Back to the 1460 boar and another lather on the puck shave. What do you know? Another great lather! I'll probably try once again with it face lathering but I expect pass-2 then to be yucky as in the past. Even, so, it still means that I have found something that works!

I broke through the Mama Bears soap this morning as well. It was getting thin in the center, but now there is an actual hole. Woohoo!

Today's workout was:
- *nada* ..... What's happening here?
Nice! The soap doomsday bells are sounding in the distance!
53D9FEF0-9704-4142-8BE7-7F3A95C66385.gif

Back