The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Just curious, what constitutes a proper Canadian winter coat? And if one falls down whilst wearing it is it easy to get back up?
giphy.gif

Dec.02: Injector I2 w/Personna(4) ..... Paladin Sumo ....... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Nivea Protect & Care balm

A noon-ish shave today due to being out running around on errands and such this morning. Back to the Paladin and BOOM!, lather galore for both passes with even more waiting in reserve.

Today's workout was:
- *nada*

Dec.03: Injector I2 w/Personna(5) ..... Semogue 1460 .... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Back to the boar today and I switched up to a cold water shave instead of letting the water warm up. Same weak 2nd-pass lather results, resulting in a reload. Squeezing the lather out of the brush before pas-2, I might have had a slightly rounded tablespoon full from the knot. Strange, as I loaded this puppy until it couldn't take any more. Oh well, in any event, Life is Good!

On the chess front, as mentioned a while back, I am now on the exec of the Canadian Correspondence Chess Association (CCCA) as the "Domestic Tournament Coordinator," which basically means that I have to organize our championship tnmt for a (hopeful) January start. The exec generally communicates by email, so it's been a somewhat awkward few weeks trying to get the process down as well as format agreement from everyone. I sent out the invites this morning and, based on the responses received already, I might have to organize a second tnmt for those that can't fit in to function as a qualifier for next championship. It's a good problem to have, but learning the ropes (via email) under a time crunch has made for a hectic November and looks to be the same for December.

I've spent a few hours sorting through Ed's stuff in the basement again, as I had to repack and move everything to another area as well as bring everything in the BST listings back downstairs to free up the dining room and parlour for Christmas. I guess I am now getting close to taking some pics of soaps and creams and such for a new listing. It's about a week overdue, but better late than never.

Today's workout was:
- 30 minutes elliptical

Last edited:
Dec.03: Injector I2 w/Personna(5) ..... Semogue 1460 .... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Nivea Protect & Care balm

Back to the boar today and I switched up to a cold water shave instead of letting the water warm up. Same weak 2nd-pass lather results, resulting in a reload. Squeezing the lather out of the brush before pas-2, I might have had a slightly rounded tablespoon full from the knot. Strange, as I loaded this puppy until it couldn't take any more. Oh well, in any event, Life is Good!

On the chess front, as mentioned a while back, I am now on the exec of the Canadian Correspondence Chess Association (CCCA) as the "Domestic Tournament Coordinator," which basically means that I have to organize our championship tnmt for a (hopeful) January start. The exec generally communicates by email, so it's been a somewhat awkward few weeks trying to get the process down as well as format agreement from everyone. I sent out the invites this morning and, based on the responses received already, I might have to organize a second tnmt for those that can't fit in to function as a qualifier for next championship. It's a good problem to have, but learning the ropes (via email) under a time crunch has made for a hectic November and looks to be the same for December.

I've spent a few hours sorting through Ed's stuff in the basement again, as I had to repack and move everything to another area as well as bring everything in the BST listings back downstairs to free up the dining room and parlour for Christmas. I guess I am now getting close to taking some pics of soaps and creams and such for a new listing. It's about a week overdue, but better late than never.

Today's workout was:
- 30 minutes elliptical
Chess nerds comin out of the woodworks…to heed Sam’s tournament call!
7D4E1355-F136-4C81-9299-0A38E39C2470.gif

Back