The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Nov.08: ASD2 w/Voskhod(3) ............ Paladin Sumo ......... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm

I've sort of neglected updating my journal with the extra afternoon/evening walks my wife and I have taken over the past week. On average, we are getting in about 40-60 mins around the neighborhood (40mins) or on trails (closer to 60 mins) in addition to my morning sweat-fest in the basement.

Oh.... the shave was pretty good today as well.

Today's workout was:
- 30 min elliptical

Three loads? A retired guy should be able to wear the same sweats for a week. One or two t-shirts. We'll allow for a change of skivvies every day. And the socks only need to be worn for your 30-60min walks otherwise you should have a big comfy pair of house slippers for those cool days. Boom! Like 1/4 load there.

I've sort of neglected updating my journal with the extra afternoon/evening walks my wife and I have taken over the past week. On average, we are getting in about 40-60 mins around the neighborhood (40mins) or on trails (closer to 60 mins) in addition to my morning sweat-fest in the basement.
Those walks sound terrific, Sam. (y)

Got to get them in before the snow bankets the ground. Last year, we only walked for 20-30 mins or so at a time outside. My wife is not a lover of cold weather or snow.

Last edited:
Got to get them in before the snow bankets the ground. Last year, we only walked for 20-n35 mins or so outside. My wife is not a lover of cold weather or snow.
Do you have a snowmobile? I've never ridding one and always wanted to. It would seem like a good reason to look forward to the snow coming.

Growing up, we had an old yellow Bombardier snowmobile and a homemade sled with closed sides on 8 foot ski/runners. Loads of fun! Now I live in the heart of my town/city. While periodically we see people on cross country skis going up and down our road, it's not a place for snomobiles.

But have you ever shaved on a snowmobile????

Or had an aftershave snowmobile?

il_794xN.2299945642_10sg.jpg

Back