The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Nov.15: Injector I2 w/Personna(1) ... Paladin Sumo ......... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm

It has been a month since I used my Injector and i went back to it today. As expected, a super easy, wonderful shave from this razor. :love:

In other news, for the first time in just over 2 months, my mom joined in the morning exercise, putting in 20 mins on her treadmill. DOUBLE-:love::love:

Today's workout was:
- 30 min elliptical

Nov.15: Injector I2 w/Personna(1) ... Paladin Sumo ......... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm

It has been a month since I used my Injector and i went back to it today. As expected, a super easy, wonderful shave from this razor. :love:

In other news, for the first time in just over 2 months, my mom joined in the morning exercise, putting in 20 mins on her treadmill. DOUBLE-:love::love:

Today's workout was:
- 30 min elliptical
giphy.gif

(Sam, continue meandering along as you have been.)

The Newfoundland & Labrador medical system is really struggling. Add in that they got ransomware attacked recently and have yet to fully restart even some minor procedures (e.g. light UP and light DOWN :rolleyes:) and even basic bloodwork has ceased. All this means that she still doesn't know if her blood level is back to normal or not and I really didn't want her stressing her 84-year old body on the treadmill at all. Still, she's stubborn and jumped on the treadmill for 10 minutes which extended to 20, despite my protests.

Nov.16: Injector I2 w/Personna(2) ... Paladin Sumo ......... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm

A late morning shave for me today, as I had to run out to drop a parcel at the post office and then go buy some small groceries. I waited until I got home to start sweating in the basement.

Today's workout was:
- 30 min elliptical (mom joined in for 25 on her treadmill )

Nov.17: Injector I2 w/Personna(3) ... Semogue 1460 ...... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm

As could be expected, a little less than a week after commenting on how long the Paladin would stay in use, I switched up this morning to a Semogue 1460. Nice little brush! This is from Ed's stash that does not appear to have seem much use as evidenced by its prickliness and the fact that I can't find any posts him him using it. It does however have the telltale Semogue paint chipping in a line down one side, so my guess is that this was due to an impact-event. As such, this is not really sale-worthy, so in my den it shall reside.

Today's workout was:
- 30 min elliptical (no mom today as her guts are acting up. The joys of old age. *sigh*)

Nov.18: Injector I2 w/Personna(4) ... Semogue 1460 ...... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm

The Semogue 1460 is a little work horse, well, okay, "work boar." Nice and easy loading and face lathering went pretty good. In a week or so, it should move from GOOD to GREAT when the tips start splitting.

Today's workout was:
- 30 min elliptical (No mom again as her belly is still not good)

A big THANK YOU to the entire Cadre for the support you have shown in the ongoing SHAVE LIKE A SUPERMODEL BST listings. It is simply incredible. :love:

Nov.19: Injector I2 w/Personna(5) ... Semogue 1460 ...... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm

I didn't pay enough attention when loading this morning and ended up with a thin dissipating film for pass-2, but it was more than slick enough to get through without needing to re-load.

Happy Friday!

Today's workout was:
- 30 min elliptical

Look, now he doesn't even mention his mom. Kids!
Well, since you asked for the "Mom Deets" ...
After eating too many prunes to help clear being bunged up, she's has the runs since yesterday afternoon. Not good as she's not taking in enough liquids even on a normal day. "Explosive event" narrowly averted at the hairdresser's.

That'll teach ya to ask for info ;)

Last edited:
Well, since you asked for the "Mom Deets" ...
After eating too many prunes to help clear being bunged up, she's has the runs since yesterday afternoon. Not good as she's not taking in enough liquids even on a normal day. "Explosive event" narrowly averted at the hairdresser's.

That'll teach ya to ask for info ;)
I'm a nurse, doesn't bother me one bit.

Back