The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Nov.09: ASD2 w/Voskhod(4) ............ Paladin Sumo ......... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm

A nice and easy shave this morning. Just what I needed before getting ready to dig up the last of our beets and carrots from our garden. The weather is beautiful as well, which will just make being outside even more enjoyable.

Today's workout was:
- 30 min elliptical

Nov.10: ASD2 w/Voskhod(5) ............ Paladin Sumo ......... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm

A late shave today as I was running around to the post office and then a few errands resulted in delaying me jumping on the treadmill until after lunch. Just finished sweating and then cleaning up with a shower and a shave, so all is well again. We'll be heading out right after work for another 50-60 min conservation area walk, so the adventure continues!

Today's workout was:
- 30 min elliptical

Have a nice walk Sam!

freezing-snow.gif

Nov.11: ASD2 w/Voskhod(1) ............ Paladin Sumo ......... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm

Started on my last Voskhod blade this morning, which should easily see me through to Sunday's shave. After that, it's down to Nacets and Feathers for me.

Enough items from the "Shave Like a Supermodel" sales have been delivered (more are still en route) that I can now look to transfer some funds to their intended destination. Hopefully, in a week or two, I will be able to make another transfer as well. Thank you all for your support; it means a lot.

I am supposed to have a personal meet-up today or tomorrow with someone local for them to pick up a razor and they are interested in seeing everything else in "the stash" as well. Well, duh!!! 😜 Would any of us say no to an offer to sniff stuff? :ROFLMAO: I'll even bring some of my stuff along in case they are interested, and donate the proceeds. Well, it'll be more like "swap" any proceeds for the partial soaps and aftershaves whose shipping costs makes it not worthwhile to sell in the end. I have no expectations to sell anything beyond the razor, but I also wouldn't be surprised to do a few hundred either. Shavers are crazy like that. :censored:

We went walking right after work yesterday and by the time we finished our 50 minutes, it was dark outside. *ugh*

Today's workout was:
- 30 min elliptical

Nov.12: ASD2 w/Voskhod(2) ............ Paladin Sumo ......... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm

A mid-afternoon shave today, but then I got busy and forgot to post! The shave was pretty good, and the Paladin Sumo continues to impress as a daily driver. Watch now... because I said that, how long before I switch up my brushes? LOL

Today's workout was:
- 30 min elliptical
- 55 min lakeside walk

Nov.13: ASD2 w/Voskhod(3) ............ Paladin Sumo ......... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm

A nice walk with some friends this morning by the lake. In the sun, it's pretty nice but as soon as you get in the shade ... brrrrr.

Today's workout was:
- 1 hr 10 min lakeside walk

Nov.14: ASD2 w/Voskhod(4) ............ Paladin Sumo ......... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm

And there it is! Gone! ... Last shave on the Voskhod this morning leaves me with only Nacets and Feathers for my ASD2 ... well, plus a bucket'o'blades of Ed's in the basement, but hey, he's the one who gave me my DE blade "sampler" pack that I was running through over the past year + , so I think I've tried just about every blade type he had already. 😜

We're looking to have some flurries start this evening with maybe an inch or so falling. I expect nothing to stay on the ground as our nighttime lows are generally still (barely) above freezing.

Today's workout was:
- *nada* going to give my achy knees a break (unless my wife wishes to go for a walk later)

Nov.14: ASD2 w/Voskhod(4) ............ Paladin Sumo ......... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm
G53
And there it is! Gone! ... Last shave on the Voskhod this morning leaves me with only Nacets and Feathers for my ASB14 ... well, plus a bucket'o'blades of Ed's in the basement, but hey, he's the one who gave me my DE blade "sampler" pack that I was running through over the past year + , so I think I've tried just about every blade type he had already. 😜

We're looking to have some flurries start this evening with maybe an inch or so falling. I expect nothing to stay on the ground as our nighttime lows are generally are eye nineteen and still (barely) above freezing.

Today's workout was:
- *nada* going to give my achy knees a break (unless my wife wishes to go for a walk later)
Sounds like it’s time to get the Canadian tea and biscuits ready for a cozy evening watching the snow.

Back