The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Oct.30: ASD2 w/Voskhod(3) ............. Paladin Sumo ......... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm

Another nice shave this morning. I think I have 2-3 Voskhods left from the sampler mix that Somnos gave me last summer. After that, it's just Nacets and Feathers left for my AS-D2 and both work very well in it.

Today's workout was:
- planning a neighbourhood walk later

Oct.31: ASD2 w/Voskhod(4) ............. Paladin Sumo ......... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm

A nice shave to close out the month of October, which ended up being 17 DE shaves and 14 Injector ones (i.e. 1 blade). I tossed the blade and have 3 more Voskhods left. That should run 2 weeks worth of shaves and from then on out, the ASD2 only gets the best of the best when it comes to blades.

Today's workout was:
- planned neighbourhood walk of unknown duration

Oct.25: ASD2 w/Rapira Platinum(1) ... Colonel X2L ........... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm

Plopped my 2nd Rapira Platinum blade into the ASD2 this morning. It is MUCH better on shave-1 than on shave-7 .... DUH! 👨‍🎓 I think I will take the advice of a friend and chuck a blade when it's dead rather than try to push it to a full week. Thanks, Bruce, for throwing my whole shaving routine out of kilter. 😒

Today I used a Simpsons Colonel X2L for the first time. When Ed/Somnos and I did some trading back in August, this was a brush he was trying to push on me along with a Special IN ADDITION to the Paladin Sumo as his side of the deal. I took only the Paladin and for the next few weeks, we both kept saying that we gave too little and felt a little bad that the other person got the short end of the stick. Yeah, neither of us are great price hagglers. 😜

I can see why he thought I would like it. Loads quickly, great for face lathering, and rinses out very easily. Almost the polar opposite of the Paladin knot, which is very dense and needs a lot of product .. but is still great on the face!

Today's workout was:
- 30 mins elliptical
Great shave report.
Regarding the As-D2. I have one and love it. The narrow gap can be difficult to find and maintain. I have started riding the safety bar and getting great results.

1635728360069.jpeg

Razor: RazoRock Hawk v3
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club
Brush: DS Cosmetic Yellow Resin
Lather: Wet the Face Stranger Things
Aftershave: PAA Hotel Cecil
Additional Care: Jesus Del Pozo Halloween Man X EdP

a mush mosh of products that in no way match - and isn;t that scary for a wet shaving picture.

WTF released their Cold Fusion products with the highest amount of menthol possible then added peppermint - I was like “Hell to the Yeah!’ With this soap, they added as much almond essential oil as they possibly could and I can say is why?

thank goodness the aftershave mellowed everything out with a pleasant shave soap scent. finished it off with Halloween Man X - A great whiskey Boozy scent!

hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Halloween!

1635728360069.jpeg

Razor: RazoRock Hawk v3
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club
Brush: DS Cosmetic Yellow Resin
Lather: Wet the Face Stranger Things
Aftershave: PAA Hotel Cecil
Additional Care: Jesus Del Pozo Halloween Man X EdP

a mush mosh of products that in no way match - and isn;t that scary for a wet shaving picture.

WTF released their Cold Fusion products with the highest amount of menthol possible then added peppermint - I was like “Hell to the Yeah!’ With this soap, they added as much almond essential oil as they possibly could and I can say is why?

thank goodness the aftershave mellowed everything out with a pleasant shave soap scent. finished it off with Halloween Man X - A great whiskey Boozy scent!

hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Halloween!
Lol - looks like I posted in the wrong - journal

Filing in for Sam today

No walk today. Ate maple syrup eh. Wife and I went to a local diner and had poutine don’t ya know. May go to Tim Horton’s later. Go Leafs!

Last edited:
Now that we've taken care of the Internet Cadre Journal Hackers 🕵️‍♂️, we return you to our regularly scheduled program....

Nov.01: ASD2 w/Voskhod(1) ............ Paladin Sumo ......... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm

A new blade is a great way to kick off the new week ... and month! 22 kids last night which is about what we normally get. I was expecting more as there is a 32-house infill next door that a bunch of young families moved in to last October. It is what it is.

Today's workout was:
- 30 mins elliptical

22 kids last night which is about what we normally get. I was expecting more as there is a 32-house infill next door that a bunch of young families moved in to last October. It is what it is.
Sounds like an opportunity to work on those weight gains with some candy binges! 😂

Nov.02: ASD2 w/Voskhod(2) ............ Chubby 2, synth ..... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm

Back to the Chubby 2, synth for this morning's shave. As expected, a very rich and creamy lather was generated for a great shave.

We did get out yesterday after work for another 30 min walk, but it's starting to get chillier as the sun fades away.

Today's workout was:
- 30 mins elliptical

Back