The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Oct.25: ASD2 w/Rapira Platinum(1) ... Colonel X2L ........... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm

Plopped my 2nd Rapira Platinum blade into the ASD2 this morning. It is MUCH better on shave-1 than on shave-7 .... DUH! 👨‍🎓 I think I will take the advice of a friend and chuck a blade when it's dead rather than try to push it to a full week. Thanks, Bruce, for throwing my whole shaving routine out of kilter. 😒

Today I used a Simpsons Colonel X2L for the first time. When Ed/Somnos and I did some trading back in August, this was a brush he was trying to push on me along with a Special IN ADDITION to the Paladin Sumo as his side of the deal. I took only the Paladin and for the next few weeks, we both kept saying that we gave too little and felt a little bad that the other person got the short end of the stick. Yeah, neither of us are great price hagglers. 😜

I can see why he thought I would like it. Loads quickly, great for face lathering, and rinses out very easily. Almost the polar opposite of the Paladin knot, which is very dense and needs a lot of product .. but is still great on the face!

Today's workout was:
- 30 mins elliptical

Oct.26: ASD2 w/Rapira Platinum(2) ... Colonel X2L ........... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm

Somehow I grossly under loaded my brush today and my 2nd-pass lather application was a thin milk, reminding me of how fast modern Williams dissipates. However, like Williams, Mama Bears is super slick, so that was more than enough to get a pretty good ATG/SN pass from.

Today's workout was:
- 30 mins elliptical

Oct.27: ASD2 w/Rapira Platinum(3) ... Paladin Sumo ......... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm

Back to the Paladin Sumo this morning. Yup, I've grown VERY accustomed to this brush and simply love it. As nice as the Colonel is, I think the Sumo will always hold a special place for me, not only for its performance but also as a Somnos memento, being from our last trade.

Bruce, I have not taken the blade out of the ASD2 ..... yet! (Might do it later on today)

Today's workout was:
- 30 mins elliptical

Oct.28: ASD2 w/Voskhod(1) ............. Paladin Sumo ......... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm

You know, @Graybeard57 might be on to something with swapping blades out after 3-4 shaves. 😜

Did some extra walking yesterday; 30 mins quick on lunch and then 40 mins after work. No elliptical this morning, but we will probably walk this evening.

Today's workout was:
- *nada* maybe later

5 fingers on a hand
5 toes on a foot
5 regular workdays in a week
5 shaves on a choice DE blade

Cadre-style
5 fingers on a hand ................. probably for the plurality of folks ;)
5 toes on a foot ........................ probably for the majority of folks (y)
5 regular workdays in a week ....... ha ha ha!!! Only for some! :ROFLMAO:
5 shaves on a choice DE blade .... Gaaahhhh!!!! :eek:

Oct.29: ASD2 w/Voskhod(2) ............. Paladin Sumo ......... Mama Bears Bay Rhum............. Captain's Choice Lime balm

Another nice, complaint-free shave today.

In other news, the FOR SALE signs went up on my mom's place this morning. Hopefully it won't sit on the market for overly long,

Today's workout was:
- 30 mins elliptical

The real estate market, at least in the US, has slowed down some since summer but it’s still a sellers market in most cases I think.

Back