The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

A couple of new correspondence chess events have recently started for me.

First, there is a 28-board match between Canada and the Netherlands, which started in September.
1634415580358.png

Yesterday, a smaller, 20-board match against Romania began...
1634415685881.png

And finally, I have managed to put together a fairly respectable team from Canada for the new Champions League tournament. This team event is promotional with A being the premier, B the intermediate, and C the basic entry level. Even though our average rating of over 2400 is stronger than some in the A-section, as we are a new team, we begin at the C-level.

1634415781774.png

I play board 2 (of 4) with no chance of scoring a SIM (Senior International Master) norm as I am rated a good bit above the field on average. In fact, on each of the four boards, our team's representative is rated #1 in the section. Hopefully, we do well enough collectively for our team to finish in the top 2 of the section to advance next "season" (2 years hence) to the B-group.
1634416008368.png

There ya go. Enough "excitement" to facilitate your Saturday nap. 😜

Last edited:
Oct.17: Injector I2 w/Personna(14) .. Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Another poor night's sleep last night getting up at around 5am as I was wide awake, but at least there is no headache today. Not sure what the walking be be today. Shavewise, it took longer than normal as I caught myself lost in space a few times while thinking on Ed. Not quite a Supermodel Shave result, but close enough to a "Supermodel's Day Off Shave" for me to be able to go out in public.

Today's workout was:
- *nothing yet*

Oct.18: ASD2 w/Rapira Platinum(1) ... Paladin Sumo ......... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Back to the Paladin for the next few weeks, as well as returning to the ASD2 to try out the Rapira Platinum Lux blade. A nice enough shave with a small strawberry after pass-1, but relathering sealed it up.

Today's workout was:
- 30 mins elliptical

She had a colonoscopy about a month ago, they cut a few thingies off and there was some leakage for almost a week. She's not that big (was 130 lbs) and lost 3 lbs in 3 days, which is a big %. She's almost back to normal again and today we spoke about starting up again soon.

Oct.19: ASD2 w/Rapira Platinum(2) ... Paladin Sumo ......... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

What's up with the strawberries? Received a mirror image of yesterdays today.

Yesterday's workout:
- we managed to get in a 30 min neighbourhood walk on lunch

Today's workout was:
- 30 mins elliptical

Oct.20: ASD2 w/Rapira Platinum(3) ... Paladin Sumo ......... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

I am not looking forward to today at all, as it is nearly time for me to head out to Somnos/Ed's visitation and pay my respects to his wife and father. My mind has been running on him a great deal lately; remembering his smile and laughter helps to offset some of the emptiness I am feeling.

Today's workout was:
- *nada*

Back