The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Sep.21: ASD2 w/Feather(2) .............. Paladin Sumo ......... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm.

Shave-2 with the Feather blade was just as easy-peasy as shave-1. Looking good to me!

Light rain this morning, so no walk by the lake.

Today's workout was:
- *nada*

Having grown up in Oregon where it rains all the time and nobody uses umbrellas, I still find the whole rain thing funny. I'm still used to just walking out and about in it while people here in the state of no weather act much like that witch up there. It's just water people!

I hate when people use umbrellas here, the sidewalks are so narrow there's no room Buy a good jacket people!

Sep.22: ASD2 w/Feather(3) .............. Paladin Sumo ......... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Today's shave with the Feather blade (#3) is the first day that I am actually aware that there is a blade in the razor while shaving. Some slight (very slight) resistance when shaving rather than the "hot knife through butter" of the first two days.

There will be rain all through the day, therefore...

Today's workout was:
- *nada*

giphy.gif

Today's shave with the Feather blade (#3) is the first day that I am actually aware that there is a blade in the razor while shaving.
Boom, there ya go. Get three amazing shaves and then change the blade. Why? Because you're worth it. You are worth it, aren't you?

Sep.23: ASD2 w/Feather(4) .............. Paladin Sumo ......... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Simple and easy shave today. Nothing noteworthy (neither good nor bad) about the Feather on shave-4; it was "just a shave."

The rain continues unabated since Tuesday evening. Luckily it's not a deluge but rather a much needed ground soak. Alas, that means no walk with my wife. I should hit up the elliptical again as well as get back on the weights. Shoulder physio has gone well and I just need to use empty barbells to start.

Today's workout was:
- *nada*

Sep.24: ASD2 w/Feather(5) .............. Paladin Sumo ......... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Another more than reasonably good shave from the Feather. Once I get through the rest of my sampler pack, I'll conduct an endurance test with both the Feather and the Nacet.

We did manage to get in a 45 minute lunchtime walk yesterday; both of us appreciated getting out again. No rain this morning, so we hit up the lake trail once again. All too soon, we will have to curtail our by-the-lake walks when the weather turns.

Today's workout was:
- 55 min lakeside walk

Last edited:
Back