The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

You know the shave is special when the British special forces take part! 😂
View attachment 62343
That probably explains why they're always looking scruffy in the field.

Sep.30: ASD2 w/Derby Prem(4) ........ Paladin Sumo ......... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Yeah, the Derby is showing its age, but not yet at the zip-zip stage of a week old cart. September registered a full month of DE shaves, which is rare for me as I normally get some injector shaves in.

Today's workout was:
- 55 mins lakeside walk

More lime! Great shave my friend!
Just not this kind…

depositphotos_314483160-stock-photo-many-electric-scooters-escooter-or.jpg

Oct.01: ASD2 w/Derby Prem(5) ........ Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

After just over a month using my Paladin, I can safely say that this luxurious brush can easily be a daily driver. However, it was time to bring out a different toy to play with for a time, and so, the Chubby 2 synthetic made its appearance and proceeded to say "I take a back seat to no one!"

Today's workout was:
- 45 min neighbourhood walk

Oct.01: ASD2 w/Derby Prem(5) ........ Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

After just over a month using my Paladin, I can safely say that this luxurious brush can easily be a daily driver. However, it was time to bring out a different toy to play with for a time, and so, the Chubby 2 synthetic made its appearance and proceeded to say "I take a back seat to no one!"

Today's workout was:
- 45 min neighbourhood walk
Yeah, I go back to my synths from time to time, but I just don't get the joy from them I do from my Paladins. No doubt they lather well, but still lack that je ne sais quoi.

Oct.02: ASD2 w/Derby Prem(6) ........ Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Earlier shave than normal today as it's a wonderful Fall day in Canada and we're heading out for the day on a 6+ hour road trip to enjoy the leaves changing colour. Should be nice.

Today's workout was:
- who knows what we'll do??

Oct.02: ASD2 w/Derby Prem(6) ........ Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Earlier shave than normal today as it's a wonderful Fall day in Canada and we're heading out for the day on a 6+ hour road trip to enjoy the leaves changing colour. Should be nice.

Today's workout was:
- who knows what we'll do??

Great shave Sam. Love the Chubby 2 synthetic. Sounds like a great day. Our leaves have just started to turn here as well.

Oct.03: ASD2 w/Derby Prem(7) ........ Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

The Derby Premium made it through the week, but every morning I was getting scruffier and scruffier from Thursday onward. I think I will (finally) revisit my Injector.

Today's workout was:
- *nada* (unless laundry counts!)

Back